Whats on your work bench?

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

deeaa wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:15 am While preparing to refinish a guitar of mine I noticed it had cracked badly at the body both sides of the neck.

I don't know whether it'll be fine really...I drilled 4 small holes deep in the crack and injected Titebond, and clamped it. Soon will open and see if it worked.

It may have been cracked for a while already...the strings on it pulls the crack shut so I only noticed it when I was spraying on the first layer of base coat filler.Image

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
Generally a glued bond is stronger than the wood around it. I am sure you'll be OK.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
deeaa
Reactions:

Yeah, seems solid now. Just gave it the first coat of filler spray, then final sand and final filler and tomorrow I can color it - white this time.
--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
https://www.facebook.com/deeheikkinen/
YouTube.com/deeaa
http://www.mosfite.com (redirects to Google site)
mozz
Reactions:

Geeze Ali express, what has happened to your quality control?
IMG_20240706_165747720_HDR.jpg
AGF refugee
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Did some work on the Flame guitar this week. Once the tuner was unstuck, I changed the strings and adjusted the trem springs to have more tension -- with three springs, they barely stayed in if I pulled up on the bar.

I also move the ground wire from one of the spring hooks to the body of the spring claw. Worst soldering job ever! I sanded the spot and used flux, but it gave me trouble right up until it didn't.

I also put in black pickup ring screws, and my usual stainless neck screws.

Remaining items: the pot moves a little bit, so I need to sort that, and the intonation is so far off it's a couple of streets south of where I live. Always a treat on a Floyd, but will hopefully be worth the work. She stays in tune perfectly.

And I might be developing a taste for having the last 4 frets scalloped. It makes everything easier in the weedly section of the board..
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
mozz
Reactions:

Vinyl wrap spray paint does not like to be sanded. Ah, here's a nice color, creme sickle. Having fun painting these Muslady bodies from Ali express. Wood is very light, hope they don't neck dive.
IMG_20240721_175834209_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240721_180011094_HDR.jpg
AGF refugee
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

You know how all the kids are wearing priest and sabbath shirts ironically?
Soon some of us GenXers and boomers will be able to fight back

Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
mozz
Reactions:

Made this one quick.
Small amps were at one time intercoms. Got 3 of them to mod. Widow maker style with a isolation transformer on the back. 3 watts on a good day, 4" speaker inside. Gutted and made into a Magnatone . I bet these will sell to harmonica players.
IMG_20240918_191400021_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240918_191408256.jpg
IMG_20240918_191441788_HDR.jpg
AGF refugee