S101 guitars

KoniKat
Reactions:
Gearlist: A left-handed modified s101 strat.
A BlackStar Fly 3!

Hey y'all, first post here!
I was wondering if anyone else owns or even know about s101 guitars! I currently play a lefty strat copy that I bought from my local pawn shop and I'm enjoying it so far.
I also remember on the old forum that someone sanded their s101 neck and it came out all flamed!
But aside from that, I haven't been able to find anymore information about the brand itself online so I'm curious if anyone else has more information. :) :D
Attachments
My current guitar :)
My current guitar :)
ฅ(≚ᄌ≚) ~Current axe: Lefty modified s101 strat~Random 22 year old intermediate guitar player ^w^~
~愛すヽただそれだけのことさえも~
(^・ω・^ )~Head is up in the clouds as usual~ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

Welcome to the (new) forum! Bummer we lost the archives of the old one, probably s101 references there.

Interesting variety of pickups, did you buy it that way?
KoniKat
Reactions:
A BlackStar Fly 3!

ILuvTeles wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 am Welcome to the (new) forum! Bummer we lost the archives of the old one, probably s101 references there.

Interesting variety of pickups, did you buy it that way?
Thanks for the welcome! In regards to the guitar, I did buy it like that. The previous owner installed 2 dragonfire pickups, a "phat strat" single-coil and a duo rail, for the neck and middle. The bridge pickup I believe it's an Epiphone 650r humbucker. They're all pretty interesting choices.
ฅ(≚ᄌ≚) ~Current axe: Lefty modified s101 strat~Random 22 year old intermediate guitar player ^w^~
~愛すヽただそれだけのことさえも~
glasshand
Reactions:

Welcome to the forum, konikat. I managed to find this: http://welkinsound.com/about.php?page=2
Sejung is a $500 million Korean-based textile, construction and information technology business that got it's start in 1974. Yet the story of it's musical instrument company only began to unfold in March 2001. Company chairman, Soon Ho Park was presented with a plan to construct a new piano and guitar factory in China, staffed by experienced Korean managers, to supply product to local and worldwide markets.
Our S101 and Canvas line of guitars offer superb playing instruments for beginners to seasoned veterans. It is our goal to provide quality musical instruments at the most economical prices.
I've seen comments that Qingdao Sejung Musical Instruments is one of those factories that mostly makes instruments under contract for other companies, but no real proof of that. Who knows, maybe more of us than realize it have played something from the same company...

Regarding the old forum and its archives, you can dig up a little bit through Google - hopefully this works for others:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
KoniKat
Reactions:
A BlackStar Fly 3!

glasshand wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:46 pm Welcome to the forum, konikat. I managed to find this: http://welkinsound.com/about.php?page=2
Sejung is a $500 million Korean-based textile, construction and information technology business that got it's start in 1974. Yet the story of it's musical instrument company only began to unfold in March 2001. Company chairman, Soon Ho Park was presented with a plan to construct a new piano and guitar factory in China, staffed by experienced Korean managers, to supply product to local and worldwide markets.
Our S101 and Canvas line of guitars offer superb playing instruments for beginners to seasoned veterans. It is our goal to provide quality musical instruments at the most economical prices.
I've seen comments that Qingdao Sejung Musical Instruments is one of those factories that mostly makes instruments under contract for other companies, but no real proof of that. Who knows, maybe more of us than realize it have played something from the same company...

Regarding the old forum and its archives, you can dig up a little bit through Google - hopefully this works for others:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
Thank you so much for finding some info and sending the archive of the website! :)
This adds more into the mystery of the s101 brand hahaha!
~愛すヽただそれだけのことさえも~