NGD! Ibanez RG560

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Part of this might be TMI, but, as I was sitting in the toilet on Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving), I checked a local used gear shop's web page -- they often update on Sundays. Within moments of seeing this beast -- especially at the price they were asking, including case, I bought it.

It's a late 80s/early 90s Ibanez RG560 -- basically the 570, but HSS. It has a few marks, but....MOJO.

On to the pics!
20241016_163824.jpg
20241016_163840.jpg
20241016_163922.jpg
20241016_163903.jpg
20241016_163840.jpg
Yes it has the original Edge trem, which retains its status as a god-tier trem. Original pickups, I assume, but I'll have to see once I get a chance to check things out.

My old RG410 that was stolen over 20 years ago was a similar colour, and I am happy to have another red Ibanez in the (looks around)....uh, increasingly sizeable collection. Can't wait to get it set up to my liking with a fresh set of strings.

Let the whammy foolishness begin!
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Congrats! Enjoy the new guitar. Seems like you have recapture magic from the past.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
toomanycats
Reactions:

Nice! Reb Beach's weapon of choice back in the day was an RG with a HSS pickup configuration.

What's the blue mystery pedal sitting inside the guitar case? Was that included in the deal? Anybody who buys lots of used guitars knows that you can find all kinds free stuff included in the storage compartment of the case . . . picks, packs of strings, cords, clip on tuners, and yes, even a pedal! I once found a vintage Marshall Governor pedal inside a guitar case. Bonus! So what's the deal with the blue pedal?

reb beach.jpeg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Happy New Guitar Day!

Nice to get one back that was like the one which was stolen!

So what was the price?
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Tiga
Reactions:

That's a great looking guitar - congratulations!
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Thanks guys. My basement seems to be where the 80s live forever. I am hoping to spend some quality time with it this weekend. I'll post my findings.
toomanycats wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:38 am Nice! Reb Beach's weapon of choice back in the day was an RG with a HSS pickup configuration.

What's the blue mystery pedal sitting inside the guitar case? Was that included in the deal? Anybody who buys lots of used guitars knows that you can find all kinds free stuff included in the storage compartment of the case . . . picks, packs of strings, cords, clip on tuners, and yes, even a pedal! I once found a vintage Marshall Governor pedal inside a guitar case. Bonus! So what's the deal with the blue pedal?

reb beach.jpeg
It's a Flamma Harmony pedal for my side gig as a "vocal stylist." We don't have any background singers (or mics for them) so I figured that this might fatten out some songs.

This shop checks stuff out, so no freebies. It's actually the same shop as on the sticker on the back of the headstock. Song Bird got sold to its employees quite a few years ago, and is now Spaceman Music.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:01 am Happy New Guitar Day!

Nice to get one back that was like the one which was stolen!

So what was the price?
I paid a bit less than 560 :)
- Ron Swanson
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Rollin Hand wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:51 pm Part of this might be TMI, but, as I was sitting in the toilet on Monday (Canadian Thanksgiving), I checked a local used gear shop's web page -- they often update on Sundays. Within moments of seeing this beast -- especially at the price they were asking, including case, I bought it.

It's a late 80s/early 90s Ibanez RG560 -- basically the 570, but HSS. It has a few marks, but....MOJO.

On to the pics!

20241016_163824.jpg

20241016_163840.jpg

20241016_163922.jpg

20241016_163903.jpg

20241016_163840.jpg

Yes it has the original Edge trem, which retains its status as a god-tier trem. Original pickups, I assume, but I'll have to see once I get a chance to check things out.

My old RG410 that was stolen over 20 years ago was a similar colour, and I am happy to have another red Ibanez in the (looks around)....uh, increasingly sizeable collection. Can't wait to get it set up to my liking with a fresh set of strings.

Let the whammy foolishness begin!
Toilet GAS ? Surely this can't be !
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

It's handy I was there because when I saw the guitar I nearly...uh, you know...
- Ron Swanson