EVH FRANKIE RELIC (ARRIVED)

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
Sinster
Reactions:
Gearlist: Many Les Pauls, Couple of Tele's and Strats, a PRS, a EVH Woflgang, a Bass, and Epi Acoustic. Egnater Rebel 20, Tubemeister 18.

Congrats on EVH Frankie..

I'm a fan VH (both eras).. and can tolerate the 3rd, but I do not like JUMP at all. Drop Dead Legs and Dreams are my favorite EVH songs.
littlebadboy
Reactions:

Congratulations!

I wouldn't understand a person who would spend that money on a guitar you initially described. But after reading your explanation, I understand now. It's probably the same explanation that I spent so and so money in upgrading my PRS.

Enjoy Frankie!
Stoli
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile 3100 MCC
Eastman TB 486
Jay Turser 220
Gretsch Jim Dandy
SX Ash Telecaster
SX Ash Thinline Stratocaster
Fender GT-40 Amp

toomanycats wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:25 am An update on the EVH Frankie relic:

Yesterday afternoon I get an email from Guitar Center informing me that the guitar has arrived at my local store and is ready for pickup. I had a client at my house for a recording session in the mid afternoon, and I purposefully cut our session short to give me enough time to drive to Guitar Center and retrieve the guitar.

I get to the store, show my printed receipt, and tell them I'm there to pick up my Frankie. A couple employees disappear into the back to get my guitar. While I'm waiting I looked around the store, my attention falling on a a couple cool used instruments, including a 70s Gibson SG, and a 70s Ibanez double cut. And I waited . . . and awaited . . . and waited. It was a really long time.

An employee emerged from the back and told me it was really messy back there and that they were still looking.

Another long expanse of time elapses, and they finally come back out and inform me that the guitar is in fact not there. They confirm that it did in fact come in that day via UPS, then conjecture that it was then immediately sent back out on the same truck. What the what? The way they informed me of this goof made it seem like it was in no way an abnormal occurrence, like it was just a regular thing that happens all the time.

Where did it go? Unknown
Where was it now? Unknown
Was it going back to the Guitar Center it was sent from? Unknown
Would it be back tomorrow? Possibly

Allow me to briefly interject here and pose a tangentially related question to the forum:

Are any of you guys aware this stuff called Delta 8? It's all the rage in North Carolina. Marijuana isn't legal here, but it seems that you can buy Delta 8 at almost every gas station. Apparently it'll get you, in the immortal words of Carl Spackler, "Stoned to the Bejesus Belt." It's my belief that better than half the people I regularly associate with on a regular basis are stoned out of there minds on this stuff most of the time.

What I'm wondering at this point is this:

1) Are all Guitar Center employees constantly high as f*ck?

2) When I return to the store again today should I try to leverage a discount in exchange for my not insubstantial inconvenience?
I do not know whether all of the Guitar Center's are like this but the one in Knoxville, TN is just horrible. When I first wanted to try to learn guitar a few years ago, I went to that store and asked for one of the low end Epi Les Paul Specials and the salesman or whatever went to the back to get one and never came back. Some other dude asked if he could help while I was waiting and I showed him the guitar I wanted. I hung around about an hour and just left. They were not that busy and if they did not have that would have been fine and I would have bought the floor model. I went to a local Mom and Pop the next day and bought a Jay Turser that was probably equivalent or better.

The thing that really got me was going there probably a couple of years later with my bro in law and he found one of the Ibanez jazz boxes in the used section. It came with a case, nice leather strap, some tuners and other things that were in the case. We both saw all of the stuff that was supposed to come with it. I do not know how other states work but in Tennessee where they buy used or get trade ins they have to hold them for 30 days or something like that. My bro in law went back I guess a week or two later to pick up his guitar and the strap was gone. It was in the "back room" and somehow it disappeared. He figured it out once he got it home and my guess is that an employee liked the strap and walked away with it. They refused to give him a comparable strap but offered him some other crappy strap. He kept the guitar because he liked it and was not buying it for the strap and so on.

If you ever buy something like that from GC I would recommend making pictures of everything. We should have done that but did not think of it. It would not surprise me if one of their employees or someone with access to the "back room" walked off with your guitar. I still go there sometimes just to see what they have and sit around noodling for an hour or two and leave buying nothing. If you go in that place, you need to take a bath after you get home.

Do not know what to tell you about the Delta stuff but I see it for sale around here.