Whats your' latest gear acquisition?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
jtcnj
Reactions:

Upgrades for pedals I use regularly, but wanted better / more.
The JHS Delay has 2 voicings, and the Oceans 11 has a ton of voicings, and mainly I wanted a good bang for buck surfy spring reverb.
I had some of these on my Reverb Watch List, and got a small discount offer for each.

The difference in pricing between used and new was worth buying new.
20220731_193052-2.jpg
20220731_193056-2.jpg
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
Partscaster
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:25 pm
Partscaster wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:38 am Ordered another pedal.

Will take some weeks as they build to order.
Its a Missing Link Audio Peacock Overdrive
Let us know how it is! I've been semi-seriously thinking about a Magician from MLA.

Just used it for 2 hrs. It does sound good. Ok string sensitivity. Good old school tone, gritty warm od. Nice voice/presence knob to offset tone knob. I get more time with it tomorrow.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

I bought some 3' cables I needed from Monoprice and saw this Indio DS-6 distortion pedal for $19 and just had to try it for such a low price and yep it sounds like Crusty A$$. Another 20 bucks down the toilet the good news is that the cables are fine.
Dn5jIn9[1].jpg
YCf1txV[1].jpg
golem
Reactions:

I picked up CMAT Mods Signa Drive and Super Signa Drive recently. They're good enough that I didn't want to see if they ever entered production again.

I bought this one because I liked the Signa so much.

ILuvTeles
Reactions:

Harley Benton CLG-650 solid wood acoustic

HB CLG650.jpg

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_ben ... _w_bag.htm
jtcnj
Reactions:

Firefly FFLX Explorer

After a very positive experience with the FFLV Vee I got earlier this year, I decided I would try one of these Explorer style when or if they got them again.
My order never got past "UPS label created", and after a few emails and and at least a week of delay, it finally shipped.

Got here with no shipping damage.
Has more than a few small small finish scuffs / blemishes, light scratches. The surface coat scratches very easily.
I contacted Guitars Garden and we worked out a reasonable discount.

I am blown away once again by the bang for the buck on this guitar, as I am with the Vee.
The FFJA Jazzmaster is at least ok; I had some problems with the one I received.

The pickups sound just fine to me, the hardware is ok. The tuners are just ok / usable, not junk but good enough. The tuners on the Vee are actually good, not Grovers, but better than just ok.

The neck profile is rounder, not thin or slim. A little slimmer than my ideal, but thats just me.

The neck to body angle is good; on my Vee is a little flat and the bridge bottoms out before the strings fret out / buzz. It is low enough though.

I have not looked in the control cavity yet.
The nut slots are a bit high and will get some tuning.
It intonates properly and stays in tune.

It does have some neck dive. A grippy strap helps, but the body also rolls away a little. It is mostly negated by my picking forearm resting on the body, but it does move at times.

I moved the upper bout strap button to the neck heel and it balances perfectly now, even with the smooth /slippery strap pictured.
You cant put the button all the way forward at the heel or the strap may / will interfere with your fretting hand.
This does not.

WIN!!!
20220823_193153-2.jpg
20220823_193216-2.jpg
20220823_194343-2.jpg
Partscaster
Reactions:

20220517171706-prm19hj8fgl07dco7jk4evsut1uvarizs80uni7muo.png
NCD!

Actually a few weeks ago.
I present Josey (Wales) Ricochet. He's 9 months old, totally bananas. Bank turns off of everything. He tears ass around the back yard enclosure like nobodies business. Humane Society local shelter. Came from the streets of some Florida city living as a stray kitten. Tough punk - already a snuggler.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Partscaster
Reactions:

IMG_0383.jpg
golem
Reactions:

I bought a PRS Wood Library 10 top Hollowbody II Piezo with some damage near the selector switch. Supposedly it works fine and is stable. I guess I'm about to find out!
Partscaster
Reactions:

that looks especially beautiful, golem.
Brendan
Reactions:

This body was made by Ebay seller hummingbird1983 and I am extremely impressed with the work. 3.75 lbs, alder back, maple top. It's getting a mini-hum in the neck position. Still deciding on which neck to buy.
Partscaster
Reactions:

Brendan wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:16 pm Image

This body was made by Ebay seller hummingbird1983 and I am extremely impressed with the work. 3.75 lbs, alder back, maple top. It's getting a mini-hum in the neck position. Still deciding on which neck to buy.
I'ld put a strat neck on it,
(soft-v contour. 7.25 radius)
slowhand84
Reactions:

Got a fresh delivery of Well-Hung straps from our good buddy @TVvoodoo today - a custom strap he made for my custom Suhr (look at that match!) and a beautiful paisley I couldn't resist picking up that happens to pair really nicely with my HB Fusion T.

I know most of you guys here probably know his shop, but just in case someone's unaware it's here: https://reverb.com/brand/well-hung-1?pr ... ory=straps

And here's the strap pron (please click on the photos so they look normal, thumbnails are always super compressed)!
Attachments
IMG_3648.jpg
IMG_3651.jpg
glasshand
Reactions:

Got some new knobs for the Rat. After many years, I have decided I am a Rat fan. One thing I don't like about the design is the knobs, though - they're really hard to see on a dark stage. So I got some nice bright mini chickenheads. Note that you really need to get the mini chickenheads if you want to do this: regular size chickenheads will fit, but then they interfere with each other at certain positions.
PXL_20220827_121711474.jpg
jtcnj
Reactions:

Chicken-Rat for the WIN!!

I dig the RAT, mostly into a clean or just slightly dirt amp.
honyock
Reactions:

ILuvTeles wrote:Harley Benton CLG-650 solid wood acoustic

HB CLG650.jpg

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_ben ... _w_bag.htm
I wish they would offer stuff like this on lefty

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
jtcnj
Reactions:

Scored a used Epiphone Explorer hard case that fits the Firefly FFLX, locally for a great price.
Shows some wear, but structurally 100% and smells clean inside.
I didnt buy it for this guitar though......
20220828_175034.jpg
slowhand84
Reactions:

Just grabbed another Harley Benton Fusion...this is one of the hardest to find ones with the P90 in the neck. GC pics as always lookin' awful, but that neck looks nice and flamey...
Attachments
000000118299006-00-2000x2000 (1).jpg
000000118299006-01-2000x2000.jpg
peskypesky
Reactions:

jtcnj wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:46 am Firefly FFLX Explorer

After a very positive experience with the FFLV Vee I got earlier this year, I decided I would try one of these Explorer style when or if they got them again.
Those prices are just insanely low! Wow. Reminds me of when I first discovered Rondo. Just disbelief at the low prices.

I've never been drawn to the Explorer shape...but I actually do like it in this color:
Banned by Momo
tobijohn
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:26 pm ...Those prices are just insanely low! Wow. Reminds me of when I first discovered Rondo. Just disbelief at the low prices.
I consider myself extremely fortunate that their left-handed selection is pretty much non-existant...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
jtcnj
Reactions:

To those who have the Firefly FF338 semi hollow: what is the neck profile?
Partscaster
Reactions:

jtcnj wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:52 pm To those who have the Firefly FF338 semi hollow: what is the neck profile?
Mine feels pretty close to my remaining two Agiles (AS-2000 semihollow model...which felt like my past AL's), which is also similar to my SX Callisto's if any of those are references. "Medium C" with a pretty flat radius.I'ld say 14" radius area.
jtcnj
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:01 pm
jtcnj wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:52 pm To those who have the Firefly FF338 semi hollow: what is the neck profile?
Mine feels pretty close to my remaining two Agiles (AS-2000 semihollow model...which felt like my past AL's), which is also similar to my SX Callisto's if any of those are references. "Medium C" with a pretty flat radius.I'ld say 14" radius area.
Thanks.
I like my Ibanez AS73, but it has a pretty slim profile and I have found over the years I much prefer a rounder, at least medium C type deal.
golem
Reactions:

Supposedly I picked up a Seismic Audio 2X12 with Eminence Man Of War Speakers in them. I say supposedly because I can't open the back of the damn thing to check as it's screwed so tight. I might have to get one of those electric drills to open up. Can anybody tell me what's the difference between an electric drill and an impact driver?
mickey
Reactions:

golem wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:39 pm Supposedly I picked up a Seismic Audio 2X12 with Eminence Man Of War Speakers in them. I say supposedly because I can't open the back of the damn thing to check as it's screwed so tight. I might have to get one of those electric drills to open up. Can anybody tell me what's the difference between an electric drill and an impact driver?
Drill = just rotary motion
Impact Driver adds a (mild) hammering action.
Gandalf the Intonationer