Finally built a pedalboard

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
Stig
Reactions:

As much as I like my Katana and my GT1 multi fx, I wanted my pedals back. I finally took the plunge and bought a board for my old (and now some new) stompers. I missed twiddling knobs!ImageImage

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Stig
Reactions:

Wow, sorry kids. These pics look terrible at the resolution that's offered.

zisme
Reactions:

Love it! Solid choices all. How do you like that ram's head reissue?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
aullucci
Reactions:

Nice! Plenty of space for new friends, too...
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Great job! Welcome back to the darks side of pedals!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Stig wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:28 pm Wow, sorry kids. These pics look terrible at the resolution that's offered.

If you spin around really quickly 10 times and then squint, they don't look so bad ;)
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
Stig
Reactions:

zisme wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:30 pm Love it! Solid choices all. How do you like that ram's head reissue?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I like it a lot. Sounds like a fuzz should sound!
Stig
Reactions:

Let's see if this pic posts in better resolution. I've made some trades and substitutions. This past weekend, I traded in my 1988 Rat Distortion for an EH Eddy and a Boss Tremolo AND made 5 bucks on the deal. Glad I took good care of my toys.
So here's where the board stands today. This should hold me for a bit!
20210622_203710.jpg
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Nice pedal choices!

What amp are you using with this?

The Ram's Head Muff is the best muff-tone there is, IMHO. I had a real one in the late 70's and can tell you the reissue nails it!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Stig
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:27 pm Nice pedal choices!

What amp are you using with this?

The Ram's Head Muff is the best muff-tone there is, IMHO. I had a real one in the late 70's and can tell you the reissue nails it!
Right now, it's plugged into the Vox Mini Superbeetle in my living room. But there are a Peavey Studio 110 and a Boss Katana 50 nearby in the house as well. That little Vox is adorable and sounds great.
I had a Big Muff in the late 70's and moved up to a Hot Tubes around 1980 (which I still have - big box and AC power!) But yeah, I really wanted a Muff on this board and the Boss pedal handles all other distortion duties very well.
I liked the Rat in it's time (it was from 1988) but I wasn't that in love with the tone when I dug it out and hooked it up. It was well worth trading it for the two brand new pedals I got!
I can only imagine what that Hot Tubes is worth. It's pretty scratched up, but I've never seen one that wasn't. I also still have an 80's Boss PN-2 Tremolo/Pan up my sleeve for future trades. They only made that for a couple of years.
Like I said - glad I take care of my toys!
Stig
Reactions:

By the way, this is what I started out with when I began this project. It evolved pretty quickly as I discarded pedals that either weren't playing well with others (the GT-1) or I just didn't dig the sound of. The B9 was the first thing to go. It seemed like fun when I got it, but I found it pretty unusable. An attractive gimmick. And I have a pretty wide assortment of VST keyboard instruments anyway (which I play very badly.)
I still may work in the expression pedal, as several of the current crop are compatible with it. The Pitch Fork is pretty fun with the pedal, but the Eddy and the Boss Reverb have EXP in jacks too.
20210327_144746.jpg
Stig
Reactions:

Ah, here's that Vox. A couple of pedal board iterations ago.
20210516_195715.jpg