Whats your' latest gear acquisition?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
voodoorat
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:19 am
BrianSkeezer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:39 am
notdespiadado wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:58 am I haven't posted in awhile, but about a month and a half ago I got a Snow White ESP Eclipse, Made-in-Japan :)
I don't see an ESP in this post. Anyone else see an ESP in this post? :lol:
Perhaps were supposed to use ESP to imagine what it might look like ?
image.png
image.png (51.58 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
dabbler
Reactions:

My Behringer pedals finally came in from Sweetwater:
PXL_20210423_163738245.jpg
voodoorat
Reactions:

dabbler wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:41 pm My Behringer pedals finally came in from Sweetwater:

PXL_20210423_163738245.jpg
i thought that said "tube amp noodler" for a second and i was thinking it was a me-in-a-box.
notdespiadado
Reactions:

Apologies my fellow AGFers, I haven't taken any formal pictures YET but I attached pictures from it's original Reverb listing.

Story on this: saw this on local OfferUp, made the seller some offers, he stayed firm on price, so I budgeted it to make it work and met up with him. He mentioned the pickups are BKP Nailbombs in burnt chrome, which I had never tried before, so that was a bonus. Seller also mentioned the previous owner had installed them, and so out of pure curiosity, I decided to google "show white esp eclipse bare knuckle" and low and behold, the original Reverb listing for it popped up and the serial #s matched. Anyways, the guitar plays like butter and the pickups are gnarlyyyy. At first I was ehh on them due to playing so many actives, but they've grown on me a lot.

The seller installed black Hipshot locking tuners despite the cosmo black hardware; the rest of the hardware was worn out, so I decided to switch it to black and now it's got a nice tuxedo vibe. I'll see if I can snap a couple nice shots tomorrow!
Attachments
riayvuemmpwatrxavaiv.jpg
h1dnmqcefzqrvvbqek0m.jpg
h1dnmqcefzqrvvbqek0m.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
v6el4fesfvlfvmwgjige.jpg
v6el4fesfvlfvmwgjige.jpg (9.68 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
sgmow6arivrzlqav1cxg.jpg
sgmow6arivrzlqav1cxg.jpg (11.7 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
b2el4ycppcp13qxsyvhx.jpg
b2el4ycppcp13qxsyvhx.jpg (8.82 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

notdespiadado wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:42 am Apologies my fellow AGFers, I haven't taken any formal pictures YET but I attached pictures from it's original Reverb listing.

Story on this: saw this on local OfferUp, made the seller some offers, he stayed firm on price, so I budgeted it to make it work and met up with him. He mentioned the pickups are BKP Nailbombs in burnt chrome, which I had never tried before, so that was a bonus. Seller also mentioned the previous owner had installed them, and so out of pure curiosity, I decided to google "show white esp eclipse bare knuckle" and low and behold, the original Reverb listing for it popped up and the serial #s matched. Anyways, the guitar plays like butter and the pickups are gnarlyyyy. At first I was ehh on them due to playing so many actives, but they've grown on me a lot.

The seller installed black Hipshot locking tuners despite the cosmo black hardware; the rest of the hardware was worn out, so I decided to switch it to black and now it's got a nice tuxedo vibe. I'll see if I can snap a couple nice shots tomorrow!
Get a kill switch and a KFC bucket and you're good to go
zisme
Reactions:

so.damn.excitedImageImage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
Partscaster
Reactions:

I've got an allparts SMO-V 7.25 neck coming, and 4 tubes of linseed based artst oil paints and some Tru Oil,.... to make 2 of my natural alder strats look somewhat in character with 2 tone 56 sunburst, and 3 tone 58 sunburst. Also have 2 allparts SRO-62 necks to use dye and T.O. on and get em ready for new homes in Mahogany Hawk strats with 2 x p90 guitars. I want 7.25 on as much of my strats as i reasonably can. Some will have 9.5...its close enough.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

Not really new except for the strings and the knobs.
I custom wired this with 4 push pulls. Volumes do coil splits, neck tone does parallel, bridge tone does series/out of phase. I was never a fan of out of phase by itself, doing in series with it keeps it from getting too thin..
Pickups have A2 magnets, 1 formvar coil, 1 plain enamel coil for a zebra vibe with the clear bobbins. 8.7k bridge, 7.6k neck.

I tru oiled this a few years ago and it turned out great. Its a 79 The Paul with an ebony board.
20210425_225008.jpg
aullucci
Reactions:

zisme wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:01 pm so.damn.excitedImageImage

A parcel from Anthony Macari? Is it a tone bender?

[img] https://media1.tenor.com/images/d3ab394 ... id=3561440
image.gif
[img]
zisme
Reactions:

aullucci wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:19 pm

[img] https://media1.tenor.com/images/d3ab394 ... ge.gif[img]
hybrid02.jpg
:D
frogs love to eat flies,

aullucci
Reactions:

zisme wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:17 am

hybrid02.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAD
image.png
I watched like three different tone bender vids last week, including the one with JHS and the Pedal Show guys at Macari's shop. I drooled the whole time. Congrats!
zisme
Reactions:

aullucci wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:16 am
zisme wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:17 am

hybrid02.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... Dimage.png

I watched like three different tone bender vids last week, including the one with JHS and the Pedal Show guys at Macari's shop. I drooled the whole time. Congrats!
TPS is almost entirely to blame for my recent Tonebender addiction :lol: .

I love my freakenbender to death, but it stays at my band's practice space - so I only get to play it once a week. This way I'll be able to keep one at home for my daily playing. That should cover it until I make the pilgrimage to the UK and visit Macaris in person. I was very sad to see the Denmark St location close last year, but hopefully I'll make it to the new spot one day. Ant seems like such a cool dude

I really like that these versions accept standard power input. i know it goes against the fuzz purists who prefer the battery sound, but i use these on pedalboards and prefer the ease of plugging them in. i did however order a gig rig battery simulator to use with the hybrid since it has some germanium transistors.

It was released from customs in Memphis today. Fedex says it'll be here tomorrow!
frogs love to eat flies,

aullucci
Reactions:

Inbound...

Incidentally, for those not in the know about Chicago Stompworks, check them out. This lists on the website for $74.99. I have their Rat clone which I think was even cheaper and is fabulous. Mostly dirt boxes, but good, hand built ones.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

aullucci wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 am Image

Inbound...

Incidentally, for those not in the know about Chicago Stompworks, check them out. This lists on the website for $74.99. I have their Rat clone which I think was even cheaper and is fabulous. Mostly dirt boxes, but good, hand built ones.
I believe that I had the predecessor to this pedal, the Blues Machine.

Chicago Stompworks has great customer service. I believe that I spoke to the owner (sole employee) when I needed some info about a different pedal.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
aullucci
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:30 am
aullucci wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 am Image

Inbound...

I believe that I had the predecessor to this pedal, the Blues Machine.

Chicago Stompworks has great customer service. I believe that I spoke to the owner (sole employee) when I needed some info about a different pedal.
I don't know for sure, but I think it's just the owner. It's a very small operation if it is more than him. The Red Llama clone gets much love online, but I've been in the blues breaker market for a while, and this seems to be the same/remarkably similar to blues breakers in the $150-$200 range (MojoHand, JHS etc). It's like $10 more than the Mooer blues crab (which actually sounds great in the vids; but I'm happy to spend the extra $10 for a USA, hand built pedal with a warranty from a company with a good reputation).

Did you like your Blues Machine?
slowhand84
Reactions:

voodoorat
Reactions:

YupImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
littlebadboy
Reactions:

I got a 2nd Headrush FRFR108 cab for my birthday from my family! It sounds so GOOD that I almost wet my pants! It's my first time to try a stereo rig in my 30+ years of pretend playing! It sounds weird - but in a good way! It's like the sounds come from the center but there are some echoes and whatnots going on thrown at me from the left and right!

FRFR means full range-flat response to those who are not familiar. They're great amplification for mfx/modelers as they do not color the tone that the modeler is meant to reproduce.

Now, I have to wait until summer break before I could really play to my heart's content!
Chocol8
Reactions:

Nice! Try some stereo delays and reverb effects. Another cool trick is to pitch shift one side a couple cents sharp and the other a couple flat.
littlebadboy
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:37 pm Nice! Try some stereo delays and reverb effects. Another cool trick is to pitch shift one side a couple cents sharp and the other a couple flat.
Thanks! I will certainly try that tip!
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:13 pm Image

You have some good taste, sir.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
slowhand84
Reactions:

Rollin Hand wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:57 am
slowhand84 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:13 pm Image

You have some good taste, sir.
Thanks man! Another great score from the fine people at GC Used. This is my 2nd favorite Agile that I've ever had, the first being the custom shop AS-1000 I also grabbed from GC several years back.
zisme
Reactions:

20210504_103059.jpg
The GigRig 9v Virtual Battery

Interesting little device that you plug in between your guitar pedal and power supply that imitates battery power. The idea is you get your desired fuzz tone without having to worry about changing a battery or unplugging your pedal when you aren't playing. Grabbed this to compliment my yellow hybrid tone bender. pretty neat - definitely prefer the sound with this vs the power supply (less compressed).

it also has an adjustable dial that let's you go from 9.6v alkaline to 6v carbon so you can do the dying battery sag thing. there's definitely something to it. the sag sweetens/tames the fuzz. i've been playing around with it a bunch and seem to like it set at about 3/4 of the way toward the 6v position. starts to mess with your head after a while though

very subtle differences overall, but a pretty neat tool if you are particular about these things
frogs love to eat flies,

fatjack
Reactions:

just odds and ends. Gator double a frame guitar stand gets them out the case strapped and ready to play. Fender fat brass slide so i can choose glass or brass if i learn to slide. 12 gauge speaker cable just in case. Finally got the speaker cab from family and sure enough they sent a guitar cable not the speaker cable I had hooked up to the cab. Will enjoy playing through the cab, I like how the Quilter sounds through it .
RiverDog
Reactions:

littlebadboy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:09 pm It's my first time to try a stereo rig in my 30+ years of pretend playing!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though that sounds like a fun setup. HNFRFRCD!
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."