Vaccination progress where you are?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

How is the vaccination progress going where you are?

I see a national map showing a vast area in south-central US with very light vac. density.

Got my vac date, here, Tuesday, after signing up on different platforms. Sign-up is not very well coordinated, it seems, but it is made more complex due to limited availability. I got through with the county new sign-up portal, just as its numbers shot up - young folks not being careless, I read.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Got mmy first Pfizer shot on Tuesday. Get my 2nd on April 14th! Perfect timing before gigs start up again!
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
mickey
Reactions:

Fully vaccinated as of Feb 3. :)
Floriduh isn't always last in everything. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
ID10t
Reactions:

Female got first Moderna 3/5, I got my first Moderna 3/12. Second shots scheduled.
I don't know our county numbers, most of my neighbors are vaccinated or half way there.

I have two Ohio adult niece's that are positive. One of which can't receive vaccine due to history of Guillain-Barre, currently in hospital.
Flatline
Reactions:

I'm scheduled for my first shot next week. Availability opens to anyone 16 and older next week here. Being under 40, I never qualified for the age based tiers and although I work at a university, I don't qualify as a teacher or first responder. My wife works in K-12, so she was able to get her first dose last week and scheduled for her second. Surprisingly, Indiana has done pretty decent with the rollout. Better than anyone expected, as they'll usually find a way to screw things up.
Houblues
Reactions:

Here it varies according to the demographics and priorities of the various hubs. My wife and I have been registered with the same hospital. Although we are the same age, I have higher priority than she does due to health and the fact I've dealt with that hospital. I held off and didn't get mine until a week ago, my wife would take it immediately but still hasn't been contacted.

But you can walk into a municipal site with no appointment. And then I saw an announcement from an Austin municipal site last night that they had 1300 slots for the evening and no takers.
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

I’m in upstate NY. The age just dropped to everyone 50+. But my county and others have also added enrollment for 18+ to be on a waitlist if doses are left remaining. My future mother in-law lives in Connecticut and their state is even further ahead. Although, further ahead is a point of view that includes those who are willing to be vaccinated. Unfortunately there’s still a large percentage of people consuming a steady diet of misinformation on the topic and refusing. It’s also important to realize some people are in a category that will not be able to vaccinate because of medical history and risk factors. It ain’t over even after we get through this step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
mickey
Reactions:

Here in Floriduh they are giving shots in grocery stores and drug stores.
My brother & his wife were grocery shopping Friday before last when the PA system
in the store announced that two people who were scheduled had not shown up
so if anyone was signed up come to the Covid-19 Desk and you could get it then.
They did & got it plus were scheduled for their second shots.

They were signed up and scheduled a couple of weeks ahead. But were delighted to get it then. :)
Gandalf the Intonationer
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

I live in the Minneapolis/St Paul metro area & qualified on the fringe of the 3rd tier of qualifying. It was very difficult to get an appointment within the metro area. Many people drove hours out of town to get a shot, then having to return to the same place for the 2nd shot. People would post that appointments were available at a certain location, but they would be gone in minutes. I was trying for about a week to find an opening.

On Monday I managed to schedule an appointment for a shot on Tuesday morning, it was the only slot available at that site for the whole day & was a 30 minute drive out of town. My guardian angel was watching over me. So, one down & I have an appointment in 28 days for the 2nd shot.

Now trying to find an appointment for my wife. She did not have the qualification I had, so it would be harder. Still looking for her. When I check on-line it says no openings within 50 miles.

Today Comrade Walz (our governor) announced that effective March 30th, everyone over age 16 will be eligible for a shot. So as I feared, we are going from very limited access to 'now boarding all passengers & all rows'. It will be a real fuster cluck.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Is Florida's good fortune due to external factors, like ambition?

(no need for name, just answer yes!)
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Omaha is apparently horrible. I am not old enough to get in line yet, but my older brother-in-law (who already had COVID) tried to get his first shot and found a line predicted to be 2 to 3 hours long, and couldn't handle that.
mickey
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:01 pm Is Florida's good fortune due to external factors, like ambition?

I think it is the single good thing our governor has done since he has been in office (the way he has handled covid-19 vaccinations.)
Gandalf the Intonationer
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:39 pm
PoodlesAgain wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:01 pm Is Florida's good fortune due to external factors, like ambition?

I think it is the single good thing our governor has done since he has been in office (the way he has handled covid-19 vaccinations.)
Hes 1 good thing ahead of all the other governors then.
I'll trade you Northam anyday for DeSantis.
mickey
Reactions:

Buddha Pickups wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:17 pm

Hes 1 good thing ahead of all the other governors then.
I'll trade you Northam anyday for DeSantis.
I'll agree Tim, in that regard I think he has done a good job.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

Was a fiasco when 50+ became schedulable here. Online page was jammed. Even for days I couldnt activate an account to schedule first shot. But, calling the State Vaccine number was a breeze with small hold-time, and scheduling occurred within minutes. I get my first shot next Wednesday.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

As I work for a healthcare org and spend some of my time in our hospitals, I got both shots back in Jan/Feb ( moderna ) with little to no side effect with with either. My wife is a teacher and got her first shot last week, her school district set up their own clinic to administer internally.

At least statistically. Wisconsin is doing a very good job of distributing their allocation. We are getting close to 30% of the total population with at least the first round done.

I can also attest to the unbelievable effort put forth on the back end to mobilize this effort from a healthcare perspective. Every facet of the organization had to do more work, faster than has been done before . Couple that with all the surge planing during l the peaks of hospitalizations and it is nothing short of incredible.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

Central Kentucky, self-employed, under 40, not eligible to get one yet.
My girlfriend can get it though, just trying to get time for an appointment.

Pappaw got his second shot last week, can't remember which one, but he got it at the VA.
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
Chocol8
Reactions:

He has handled the entire situation better than any other Governor.

Florida has a slightly higher population than NY, but a significantly higher population of older high risk people. While NY locked down everyone and decimated the state economy, DeSantis focused on protecting the vulnerable and getting everyone else back to work.

With a year of hindsight, the score card shows Florida had significantly less deaths despite the higher risk population, and also lower unemployment, less businesses permanently shut and less economic harm in general. Age adjusted, Florida had less deaths than California and most other lockdown states as well. DeSantis made a bold decision early on, was routinely criticized by Fauci and the media, but he was the one who was right and he saved a lot of lives.

The fact that Florida has consistently stayed two steps ahead of NY on vaccine rollout, again with a similar sized state and population, gets him bonus points.
Chocol8
Reactions:

BTW, upstate NY, we are doing OK locally, approaching 30% with at least one jab. Keep in mind 20% are under 16 and not eligible and another 30% don’t want it, we are more than halfway through the initial group. When it gets approved for 11-15 in the Fall, and for younger kids next Winter, I expect they will be more prepared and it will go faster.

As for my family, my wife was vaccinated fairly early as a hospital volunteer working with compromised individuals. My daughter is a front line worker and got a slot a few weeks ago, and when I brought her in, they had a slot for me too. We get our second doses on Wednesday. Our youngest is 15 and not eligible until Fall, although there are local trials going on for both younger age groups, we didn’t sign him up and will wait.

My parents and all our older relatives have now had both shots, and most people I know who want it now have appointments, although they go out into May. The sign up system is fragmented and really bad, but the administration of the vaccines has been well run and going smooth, at least in our county.
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:34 am protecting the vulnerable and getting everyone else back to work.

It seemed/seems so simple & obvious!
Chocol8
Reactions:

ILuvTeles wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:09 am
Chocol8 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:34 am protecting the vulnerable and getting everyone else back to work.

It seemed/seems so simple & obvious!
Yet there was a HUGE amount of political and media pressure against doing the right things.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I am not set up for any vaccines yet, but should be in phase 2 here in Ontario due to my dual statuseses as an asthmatic and a tubbo. That should mean a shot at some point in April-May. I am being careful because of the new variants: a friend of the family just got out of the ICU with this. I do not want to be there.

They have not done a great job of getting the vaccines in and distributed here, but they still say all Canadians who choose to get this thing will be done by July.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
pdcorlis
Reactions:

We seem to have more vaccine than arms up here in north Idaho. The local health department just announced anyone over 16 can come and get ‘em right NOW. In the near future the local hospital will step back from the front line. They are confident the health department’s mass injection site and local pharmacies can handle the job. Both my wife and I received both doses so we are pretty damn happy.
mickey
Reactions:

pdcorlis wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:13 pm We seem to have more vaccine than arms up here in north Idaho. The local health department just announced anyone over 16 can come and get ‘em right NOW. In the near future the local hospital will step back from the front line. They are confident the health department’s mass injection site and local pharmacies can handle the job. Both my wife and I received both doses so we are pretty damn happy.
Gracious! Always thought you were somewhere NICE like SOUTHERN IDAHO! :lol:
Gandalf the Intonationer
mozz
Reactions:

Not eligible here yet either. I think the news said this county was at 8% total vacinnation rate. Wife got her second Moderna shot, lost her voice, had sweats, chills, headache body aches. 2 guys at work with their second shot had the exact same symptoms. The question i ask is this, why do they not want to hear of any side effects unless they are severe? I would think there should be a followup or website or something where you could type in your lot number and any side effects you might have had.
AGF refugee