Dreams

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I was thinking about this today: anyone here ever have dreams in which you are playing? I have had a couple, and they are oten the same: I am the new lead guitar in Megadeth, and I am woefully unprepared - like, I have no solos prepped, don't know the songs, etc. And we are on stage.

For some reason it never gets to me being berated by Dave Mustaine, but I'd bet it was coming.

Anyone else have any guitar-related dreams?
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

What makes you so sure that your dream is guitar related :lol:
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

It has a guitar in it, and I am trying to play. Good enough for me.

But yes, it could be a variation of the infamous "I am late for an exam, and I can't seem to get there and I am not wearing pants" dream.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
fullonshred
Reactions:

I have had a few Guitar Dreams..... My favorite was..... I am busking playing rock and metal thru a battery powered amp in an airport concourse. I am just starting to play "Dressed To Kill" when I look up and here comes "hot" Lita Ford in her leather skirt and lace nightie top with a BC Rich Bich strapped across her back. She walks up smiling, cool as all get-out, and whispers "I dig it". She whips her Bich around front, plugs into the second input of my amp, and we shred that song down to pieces. Sadly, I woke up shortly after that. :cry:
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

I've had a lot of dreams like that with other bands. Often, I'm playing everything that I should, and then I realize that I actually don't know how to play what I'm playing, and that's when it switches to failure. The lesson? Confidence is everything!
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
mickey
Reactions:

I do not believe I have ever had any dreams about playing guitar.

Probably a few nightmares!
Gandalf the Intonationer
Mossman
Reactions:

You guys are doing it wrong... In my dreams, I'm a virtuoso ROCK GOD (just like in real life :lol: ).
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Partscaster
Reactions:

Unpreparedness dreams. They must be common. Never had a guitar related one. I somewhat often have 2 types,

I'm either back at College during final exams, and I come to the realization that I never went to any of the classes.

The other one is ski racing, and realizing, right when I need to enter the starting gate, that I have only one or no skis, or no boots, etc.
The school tests, who cares.
I do successfully free-ski in some dreams. Sometimes I feel I am revisiting older ski areas...that aren't real, but I've dreamed them before. I can think of 3 such dream ski area scenarios I think I've dreamed more than once.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Chocol8
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:14 pm I do not believe I have ever had any dreams about playing guitar.

Probably a few nightmares!
I play guitar in other peoples nightmares!

Honestly, I don’t think I have ever had a dream where I was playing a guitar or any other instrument. I wonder why not?
dearlpitts
Reactions:
Gearlist: Strat,steat,strat,agile3018,tele ,mustang

The confidence thing is real up until five years ago I was playing in a band for years every weekend sometimes Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday and some days I didn't have confidence and I played like s*** the days I did I've had people bowing it's trip
zisme
Reactions:

never. at least none that i remember strangely enough
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
eicca
Reactions:

The “exam” dream for me repeatedly happens in the form of being late for an important symphony performance, not having my tuxedo or my instrument, and the orchestra director (who is a good friend) being quite pissed.
-={Resident Boston Fanatic}=-
Agile AL-3200 satin black; Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop, signed by Boston, retired; The Amazing Mystery Kit Bass
1984 Rockman X100 Rev10; 1988 Rockman Sustainor 200; 1983 Yamaha PB-1
Custom built Stradivarius-model cello
Believer
Reactions:
Gearlist: Too many amps; Too many guitars; Too little time...

Yep, had the one about being on stage, knowing the song, and then suddenly "not knowing" the song. Panic, waking up with night sweats, etc.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Oh dear, I had forgotten about that school class assignment I never really completed, and dreamt about for years, reliving the slow rise of anxiety leading to the due date with zero content ready! Feels like paddling towards the shore but never quite reaching it.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.