peskypesky's back and he scored an SX Strat for $41!!

Brendan
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:00 pm
Brendan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:53 pm
...I've been eyeballing this and threw a bid at it. Seller accepted.

Alder, double-bound, maple top, 3.75lbs. Going to try a mini-humbucker in the neck.
Do you have a particular one in mind?
I went with a Guitar Madness Alnico neck mini. I thought his stuff was Artec ( that's what I had in my 2000GT) but on closer inspection I don't think it is. I'll try it, but will swap if it's not to my taste.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Brendan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:01 pm
I went with a Guitar Madness Alnico neck mini. I thought his stuff was Artec ( that's what I had in my 2000GT) but on closer inspection I don't think it is. I'll try it, but will swap if it's not to my taste.
I was going to suggest the GFS 59 Vintage, I've got an Agile I put those in and a Dillion that came with them and I thought they were excellent.

Another sleeper if you can find a set is the Epiphone Probucker mini...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
peskypesky
Reactions:

doc-knapp wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:45 pm I have officially not purchased a guitar in a whole year now! But I keep getting tempted to try a Harley Benton Fusion.
A Harley Benton Fusion is top of my GAS list for sure. This one:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_ben ... ted_db.htm

Banned by Momo
peskypesky
Reactions:

Update on the SX after a week of playing it:
I love it. Not much more to be said. It's sounding and playing great, even with the misaligned strings. It just doesn't affect my playing.
Aside from that, loving the guitar. VERY happy with it and I think I like it more than my Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat.
Banned by Momo
dabbler
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:09 pm Update on the SX after a week of playing it:
I love it. Not much more to be said. It's sounding and playing great, even with the misaligned strings. It just doesn't affect my playing.
Aside from that, loving the guitar. VERY happy with it and I think I like it more than my Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat.
Yeah, SX does a decent strat, although I'm a little surprised you like it as much as your Squier CV.

But, honestly, after I had replaced the pups in my first 2 (with Alnico Vs) I missed the tone from the stock SX ceramics, so I bought another one to get that tone back in my arsenal!
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

The Strat and the cat. Sounds like a good band name.

My best deal is probably my $89.95 alder Hawk.
You beat the pants off of my deal.