NOAD Magnatone M10A & KMD GV60

Lamf77
Reactions:

Well, the KMD was the first real amp I bought back in the early 90's. A made in England Hybrid I bought used off a local musician. Went totally dead on me about 8 years ago. Was a repair beyond my skills so finally decided to get her fixed.
The Magnatone M10A I scored off OfferUp a few months ago. It has been sitting, unused in a funeral home of all places for decades! It was in super clean condition,but needed a throrough check as well as a 3 prong cord. So it went in also.
Got both of the back this week! Hence the New Old Amp Day ....as well as my virgin post here!
Attachments
kmdfront.jpg
KMD back.jpg
front.jpg
magtop.jpg
mageagle.jpg
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Cool, but you know that thing is bound to be haunted.
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

That magnatone is sweet. Check this out. https://magnatoneamps.com/M10A.html

I’ve been way into these old magnatone amps since finding a discarded Silvertone organ on the curbside. It had a tube amp inside with a magnatone vibrato. Way cool. More pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
mozz
Reactions:

Magnatone is a great score. Buddy Holly was known to use one of those, don't know which model but i bet it does his sound.
AGF refugee
Lamf77
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:27 pm Cool, but you know that thing is bound to be haunted.
I read it's the caps and cords in the old amps which ghost and spirits cling to. Those were all replaced, so I should be good to go. But I'll keep some salt and holy water on hand.
SXLuvr
Reactions:

Sweet new old amp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk