The Mashup Thread

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
RiverDog
Reactions:

I could have sworn I started a mashup thread on the new site but I can't find one sooo apparently not. Many of you probably don't care much for mashups (if the lack of activity in the mashup thread on the old site was any indicator) but I love them when done right so what the hell. :twisted:

Today we'll start with a brand new one, which is also a total gem, from my fav creator of mashups, Bill McClintock. Absolutely mad skills involved here, folks.

Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
glasshand
Reactions:

Bill McClintock is some kind of mad genius. It's hard for me to even pick a favorite, but right now I'm really into "Killed by Exodus":

RiverDog
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:19 pm Bill McClintock is some kind of mad genius. It's hard for me to even pick a favorite, but right now I'm really into "Killed by Exodus":

Stone.Cold.Genius... How have I missed this one? This is a prime example of mashup artistry.

Thanks for sharing man!
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

It's stuck in your head now, isn't it?
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
RiverDog
Reactions:

Rollin Hand wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:21 pm

It's stuck in your head now, isn't it?
Magic!
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
Mossman
Reactions:

I actually liked the Motorhead/Bob Marley one... Mashups caught my attention for about 5 minutes the first time I became aware of them. Most of them seem to be done for humor value, and a lot of them aren't done very well, or are a bit of a stretch. Not many (that I've seen) have actual musical merit, where it actually sounds like one cohesive song, and you don't feel like your brain is being pulled in two (or more) different directions. The other two were alright, but "Killed by Exodus" really sounds like it could have been written and arranged that way.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
RiverDog
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:19 pm "Killed by Exodus" really sounds like it could have been written and arranged that way.
It really does
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
glasshand
Reactions:

I don't think this one is quite as natural as Killed By Exodus, but it's still really damn good. I would love to try this at karaoke, but I don't think I have the voice to pull it off.

RiverDog
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:35 am I don't think this one is quite as natural as Killed By Exodus, but it's still really damn good. I would love to try this at karaoke, but I don't think I have the voice to pull it off.

Yesss! This one is a classic.
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

McClintock does good work.

Huey Metal!

"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
RiverDog
Reactions:

Rollin Hand wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:12 pm McClintock does good work.

Huey Metal!

That is a great mash. Unfortunately for me, I'm at a place in my life where I can never hear Enter Sandman again, ever, lest I become violently ill. :(

Seriously, though. It is a great song and one that I enjoy, I just can't hear it anymore.
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
Mossman
Reactions:

Huey Metal!
Yeah, I've found his to be the best of the ones I've watched. I saw that Huey Lewis one the other day, and liked it.

I think this one works too:

Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

^ A loop of a loop! Like a 'dream, within a dream.' Classic.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Houblues
Reactions:

I think this one is first rate too - Quiet Riot, Kool and the Gang, and Free . Fantastic match, and mash.

RiverDog
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:07 pm

Huey Metal!
Yeah, I've found his to be the best of the ones I've watched. I saw that Huey Lewis one the other day, and liked it.

I think this one works too:

Classic!
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
RiverDog
Reactions:

Houblues wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:18 pm I think this one is first rate too - Quiet Riot, Kool and the Gang, and Free . Fantastic match, and mash.

That right there is a work of art!
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
glasshand
Reactions:

My band did its own mashup: we realized that one of our songs works perfectly with the lyrics to the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song. So that's what we sing at practice now...
glasshand
Reactions:

This is pretty impressive:
RiverDog
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:19 pm This is pretty impressive:
Wow! He took that somewhere I never thought it would or could go. Super impressive.
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
mozz
Reactions:

Since ABBA are touring again.
AGF refugee
RiverDog
Reactions:

Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
RiverDog
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:56 pm Since ABBA are touring again.
That was cool!
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
RiverDog
Reactions:

Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Is this a mashup? I say....kinda.

- Ron Swanson
RiverDog
Reactions:

Rollin Hand wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:57 am Is this a mashup? I say....kinda.

Yep that counts. Nice one!
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"