My new Pedal shelf additions

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

My pedalboard/ shelf is complete with the addition of a Caline power supply so one wall wart can power the whole lot and the venerable Vox Stomplab 1G.

The story of the Stomplab is an odd one. I had wanted one for a long time but as far as I had known Vox had discontinued production. Then whilst browsing an online site I noticed a vender selling one for about $65. Ordered it and then nothing for 5 days, missing the estimated shipping date. Contacted the vendor who said "uh I know we have one somewhere I just can't seem to find it" ..I canceled the order and in a different online site found another vender listing 1 in stock at about $80.

So I ordered it sn arrived apparently new in original packaging but something was a bit off. The box had been opened and there was no manual and a curious area of staining behind where the 4 batteries were stored was evident. I thought ok no biggie, these are old units sitting a shelf for years..not unusual the batteries would have leaked. Except that the 4 batteries provided were in shrink wrap and apparently brand new. So it looks the vendor , finding this old stock on the shelf from years ago, opened it up before sending it out to me, took out the leaking batteries, replaced them with a fresh set and sent me an unused device with new batteries. Now that's service !

The device itself is ancient tech as far as modelers go but the aesthetic of the black metal casing with the white Vox chicken head knobs is great. The effects are pretty decent and the auto-wah effect (come on it's Vox !) is outta this world. Even if I don't use any effects or amp models the onboard tuner was worth it for the money. Works great put right into the effects loop too. Great deal for $80 and new batteries for my flashlight!
IMG_20240604_070418.jpg
IMG_20240604_070430.jpg
IMG_20240604_070504.jpg
IMG_20240604_070509.jpg
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Nice!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob