Sam Ash To Shutdown Remaining Stores

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

100 year old Icon is Toast.

U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Sad stuff. In my opinion Sam Ash had a good model. As a long term customer, I never had a bad experience with them either.
toomanycats
Reactions:

Sad news. I'm glad I got to live in a time when music row in NYC was still a thing. As a young man I was a bike messenger for a time, and whenever I had a chance in my daily travels I'd linger on 48th Street and drool over the amazing guitars in the windows of Sam Ash, Manny's, Rudy's, and 48th Street Custom.

To this day I've still got two guitars that I bought at the 48th Street Sam Ash, a Telecaster and a P-bass.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

I used to love going to Sam Ash in Edison NJ. It was a refuge, on Sunday's (as I did everyday) I would stay with my Mom at her nursing home and as my treat to de-stress I would head over to Sam Ash on my way home and ogle some Amps / Guitars / Pretty sales girl (I wonder if she's still there ?).

I am truly sad...Guitar Center I wouldn't shed a crocodile tear but Sammy.....:(

golem
Reactions:

Vulture that I am, I called and asked about a PRS 509 10 Top they had to see what kind of deal I could get. Best I could get was free shipping (on a 4K guitar). I was a bit surprised. Maybe that's why they're going out of business. If I called 5 PRS dealers about what PRS they might be able to give, I guarantee you one would give me about 15-25% off a guitar in that price range and call it a demo.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

I bought my first PRS (1992 pre-factory CE24 with HSC, below) from Sam Ash in Cherry Hill, NJ. I remember the tag being $1,100 and the store manager exempting sales tax by logging in the guitar as a mail order since I was from PA at the time. The price was about $200 lower that other stores and the saving the $80 tax was a bonus. Walking in the store with my wife and our 4 month-old baby probably played into their generosity, but saving $280 was a big deal back then.
PRS 1992 CE24 Face.jpg
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Saving $280 TODAY is a BIG DEAL! :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
honyock
Reactions:

I got my Heritage from a Sam Ash. Sad day. I haven't looked at a new guitar in so long I might have noticed the complete lack of left handed guitars on there site sooner and would have assumed they were prepping to close down...

The closest store was near Glendale so I would stop there whenever we were going to a hockeyt game before the Coytotes got kicked out of Glendale and had to play in a joke of an arena at ASU.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

This is a bummer but not really surprising TBH - not many big retailers left out there in any industry. They were definitely one of the better ones to deal with though, and they also had a pretty decent ( and not as well known ) used selection.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Chocol8
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:25 am Saving $280 TODAY is a BIG DEAL! :)
That's almost enough to get yourself a super sized Big Mac value meal at a California McDonalds these days!
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Not my favorite music store in this area but I still hate to see them go out of business. I bought a lot of stuff from them over the years and got some pretty good deals from time to time on the green tag items.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole