Squier revives forgotten Fender classics with the Paranormal Series

Flatline
Reactions:

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/squier ... mal-series

These were leaked back in January, but have now been officially announced.

I really like the Cyclone. I'd like too check out both the Cyclone and the Toronado.

TheIrritableLuthier
Reactions:

Hey, Fender stole my P90 cabronita tele idea, lol!

JeffBeck
Reactions:

Hell, yes. I like those. I love the slightly wacky stuff a lot. I also love offsets. These really tick some boxes for me.

And that bass! :o
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

I'm ALL over this. Thank you for posting. I never got a Toronado, three PU Cyclone or Supernova when they were first put out by Fender/Squier, and now they all go for very real money. This is GREAT, I've been very impressed with Squier as of late.
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
Flatline
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:21 pm I'm ALL over this. Thank you for posting. I never got a Toronado, three PU Cyclone or Supernova when they were first put out by Fender/Squier, and now they all go for very real money. This is GREAT, I've been very impressed with Squier as of late.
A few months ago the Fender (not Squier) Cyclones were going for $400-600ish on Ebay and Reverb. I almost bought one for $450 but didn't because it wasn't the exact color I wanted. Now they're selling for $800-1200 a few months later.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

Flatline wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:24 pm
Bubba Zanetti wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:21 pm I'm ALL over this. Thank you for posting. I never got a Toronado, three PU Cyclone or Supernova when they were first put out by Fender/Squier, and now they all go for very real money. This is GREAT, I've been very impressed with Squier as of late.
A few months ago the Fender (not Squier) Cyclones were going for $400-600ish on Ebay and Reverb. I almost bought one for $450 but didn't because it wasn't the exact color I wanted. Now they're selling for $800-1200 a few months later.
Exactly. I scored a Lake placed blue Squier Cyclone in excellent shape a few years ago for $225, I think they've gone up since. I almost pulled the trigger on a Supernova many years ago for $400-ish, now I think they're at least $1k+ and Toronado's have always appreciated in value. These Squiers will scratch the itch for far less, and I like the color options!
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
Mossman
Reactions:

Flatline wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:53 am https://www.guitarworld.com/news/squier ... mal-series

These were leaked back in January, but have now been officially announced.

I really like the Cyclone. I'd like too check out both the Cyclone and the Toronado.

I wanted a Toranado back when they first came out. I lived out in the desert in the Vermilion Cliffs area in Arizona at the time, so the closest I ever came to one was the picture in the Musician's Friend mailer (remember those?). I just liked the way it looked. I'd be interested in trying one out, but I don't really feel the need for another HB equipped guitar... Maybe if it had P90s.

I really like that '50s style Jazz Bass, though!
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO