Oh Snap.....Squier Contemperory Jaguar HH

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

What !! ??? The only thing I don't like is that Fender severely limits color choices....damn

Mossman
Reactions:

I just got the email announcement for the new Contemporary Squiers and that Jaguar was about the only thing that had the slightest appeal to me. I was disappointed in the color choices too... And I mean all the color choices. My emotions ranged from "yawn" to "ugh" when viewing their offerings... You get either black, white, or some gross metallic burst. I could live with that Shoreline Gold, though... I just don't have much GAS for a Jaguar with humbuckers.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 pm I just got the email announcement for the new Contemporary Squiers and that Jaguar was about the only thing that had the slightest appeal to me. I was disappointed in the color choices too... And I mean all the color choices. My emotions ranged from "yawn" to "ugh" when viewing their offerings... You get either black, white, or some gross metallic burst. I could live with that Shoreline Gold, though... I just don't have much GAS for a Jaguar with humbuckers.
The whole SQuier Classic Vibe line and up has abysmal color choices...presumably to prevent cannibalization of higher priced models. I admit...I want a Class Vibe Jaguar but the color combos are dreadful. I might yet buy a surf green and change the PG to Mint, I also might get the J Mascis Jazzmaster and swap the god awful gold guard for Mint too....just because I want a vintage white JM....

But why not some candy apple reds, or Teal or even natural...just sad what aesthetics have become in the Fender line.
Mossman
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:43 pm The whole SQuier Classic Vibe line and up has abysmal color choices...presumably to prevent cannibalization of higher priced models. I admit...I want a Class Vibe Jaguar but the color combos are dreadful. I might yet buy a surf green and change the PG to Mint, I also might get the J Mascis Jazzmaster and swap the god awful gold guard for Mint too....just because I want a vintage white JM....

But why not some candy apple reds, or Teal or even natural...just sad what aesthetics have become in the Fender line.
What? You don't like black, surf green or 3TS? :shock:

Actually, I've had my fill of black and 3TS myself... I could do surf green, but it wouldn't be my first preference. I was kinda lusting after the Vintage Modified Jazzmaster in CAR w/ gold pickguard for a while (I like anodized gold PGs... I have one on my P-bass. :) ), but that went away when they got rid of the VM line... After I built the Eclipse, that kind of killed all my Jazzmaster GAS too, but if I came across one for cheap, I might still be tempted to buy it.

I don't know if I would characterize the Classic Vibe color choices as "abysmal", though... CVs are kinda limited to the finishes that were common in their respective eras (though I don't know why they have surf green on a '70s Jaguar, but we'll let that go for now), so I don't know how much they could cannibalize the higher-end models. A '60s Strat in say "Tidepool" would just be wrong. But the '60s Strat does come in both CAR and LPB, and that would make for a very difficult decision if I were shopping for a Squier Strat right now... which I'm not... [bookmarks the Sweetwater page].

A white/mint Jazzmaster would look pimp as hell... I could get behind that!

I could do white with white pearloid too.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:11 am

A white/mint Jazzmaster would look pimp as hell... I could get behind that!

I could do white with white pearloid too.
Somebody has just made my decision....oh man
DSC01020-XL.jpg
DSC01021-XL.jpg