NGD - Something paranormal has arrived! --UPDATED--

Flatline
Reactions:

This is on its way to haunt my home.
Cyclone-front.jpeg
My plans are the replace the pickups with single coils sized humbuckers or hot rails. Not sure which yet. I'm thinking I'll start with either a Jb Jr in or Little '59 in the bridge.

UPDATE:
The guitar arrived today.

First impressions:

Looks great. Neck is thin. Fret ends nice and smooth. Setup out of the box was decent. I'll dial it in later. I need to lower the action a hair. Tuners are meh. They seem to work fine but some turn real easy and a couple are much harder to turn. If they don't settle in over time, they'll eventually get replaced.

I'm getting occasional static pops when touching the pickguard. From videos I've seen online there is no shielding under the pickguard or the cavity. I'll take care of lining both with copper tape next string change.

I'll get some more time with it later this evening.
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Enjoy! Cool look. I am not very knowledgeable on mustangs and duo sonics, was that pickup config and switching on them originally or is this a "para" version? :)
Flatline
Reactions:

Gear_Junky wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 pm Enjoy! Cool look. I am not very knowledgeable on mustangs and duo sonics, was that pickup config and switching on them originally or is this a "para" version? :)
So this Cyclone is more of a mutt and made up of a mustang body, strat pickups and trem, jaguar switches, and 24.75 inch scale.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Flatline wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:20 pm
Gear_Junky wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 pm Enjoy! Cool look. I am not very knowledgeable on mustangs and duo sonics, was that pickup config and switching on them originally or is this a "para" version? :)
So this Cyclone is more of a mutt and made up of a mustang body, strat pickups and trem, jaguar switches, and 24.75 inch scale.
You mean it's a Stra-Ja-Mang ?
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Ah, right, Cyclone, I knew about those too. Sweet.
Flatline
Reactions:

update bump.
Frozensoda
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fender Standard Stratocaster
Fender LT25 Amplifier
Apogee Jam
Agile AmpKit(app)

How is the Cyclone settling in?
Flatline
Reactions:

It has become my go-to guitar that I keep on a stand within arms reach. I did shield the pickguard with some copper foil tape and that took care of the static pops I was getting previously. I haven't done any other mods yet. I'm still considering dropping a JB Jr in the bridge, but the stock pickups aren't bad.