Grote 335 copies $159 @ amazon

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

These are normally around $180, but seem to get some pretty good reviews. For $159 you get a 335 clone wiith a rosewood board, and free shipping to boot. Plus its Amazon prime so zero-hassle/free returns if it ends up being a lemon. Google Grote 335, i don't think I can post an amazon link here. Looks like vintage burst and trans red both in stock...for now ;-)

AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
UrenragK
Reactions:

Is there a link?
dabbler
Reactions:

They look nice. Tempting, but I'm good:
IMGP2571.jpg
uwmcscott
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:53 am Is there a link?
[URL=https://www.amazon.com/Product-GRO ... on Amazon[/url]
uwmcscott
Reactions:

I think this shoudl work - using inline URL embed tool

https://www.amazon.com/Product-GROTE-Ho ... 691&sr=8-1
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:45 am
I think this shoudl work - using inline URL embed tool

https://www.amazon.com/Product-GROTE-Ho ... 691&sr=8-1
Just snagged a Cherry Red one...be here on 7/28...can't go wrong for $160 shipped. :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
uwmcscott
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:12 am Just snagged a Cherry Red one...be here on 7/28...can't go wrong for $160 shipped. :)
Still can't decide if I'd go with red or burst, they both look good. Hope you get a good one!

I have had a long and storied history with bad luck surrounding ultra cheap guitars like these - i had 3 firefly's that had to go back, and prior to that a chibson fail and also a "custom" chibson ( remember BWG customs anyone ? ) that was basically firewood when it finally showed up, even with an individual supposedly watching over the whole build process. Not faulthing BWG, but it just points out how hit-miss things can be in this price range.

Having said that i'm kind of like a bug to a light when it comes to these...always hoping the next one will be the one ;-) And I did just get a $150 'Healthy Employee" gift card from our health care plan for jumping throgh all their hoops.
OMB
Reactions:

I spent waaaaay more than the $159 I paid on parts to upgrade. Of course I knew that going in. Maybe I got lucky but mine arrived with only one little finish shmear. Everything else was good.
P4090003.JPG
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
jtcnj
Reactions:

If I didnt have the Ibanez I would be all over this.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
Spike
Reactions:

You guys are such enablers! I was sooo close to buying the red one...
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
uwmcscott
Reactions:

Spike wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:46 pm You guys are such enablers! I was sooo close to buying the red one...
Looks like someone is enabed, there were 12 of the sunbursts left this AM but now down to 3. I'm super tempted but also might save my $$ for one of those SX ursa basses kurt has on pre-order. Anyone else here pull the trigger?
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:28 am
LightWingStudios wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:12 am Just snagged a Cherry Red one...be here on 7/28...can't go wrong for $160 shipped. :)
Still can't decide if I'd go with red or burst, they both look good. Hope you get a good one!
One thing about guitars..."Going Communist" is NEVER held against you. 8-)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
UrenragK
Reactions:

They’re not available to me. Damn the UK and the little island mentality 🤦🏻‍♂️
dabbler
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:52 pm
Spike wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:46 pm You guys are such enablers! I was sooo close to buying the red one...
Looks like someone is enabed, there were 12 of the sunbursts left this AM but now down to 3. I'm super tempted but also might save my $$ for one of those SX ursa basses kurt has on pre-order. Anyone else here pull the trigger?
I did, multiple times, not on pre-order, and a long time ago:
IMGP3780.jpg
IMGP5214a.jpg
uwmcscott
Reactions:

dabbler wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:20 am I did, multiple times, not on pre-order, and a long time ago:

IMGP3780.jpg

IMGP5214a.jpg
Very nice collection. I have never owned or played a bass of any kind. I don't own a bass amp either. But i'm still thinking of getting one.

Looks like all the Grote 335s are gone this AM too, even the red ones. But there will certainly be more, there always are.

There's somethign oddly comforting about Rondo though, for all the quirks and changes they still continue to produce quality products for good prices. Even when the stock is low he still seems to find ways to get things that people want to buy.
dabbler
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:35 am
dabbler wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:20 am I did, multiple times, not on pre-order, and a long time ago:

IMGP3780.jpg

IMGP5214a.jpg
Very nice collection. I have never owned or played a bass of any kind. I don't own a bass amp either. But i'm still thinking of getting one.

Looks like all the Grote 335s are gone this AM too, even the red ones. But there will certainly be more, there always are.

There's somethign oddly comforting about Rondo though, for all the quirks and changes they still continue to produce quality products for good prices. Even when the stock is low he still seems to find ways to get things that people want to buy.
Agreed. Kurt follows the market, AND gives excellent customer service! Rondo is my kind of vendor!