Upgraded Lefty Agile Harm - $199 at GC

slowhand84
Reactions:

Attention lefties (@mickey @tobijohn , etc):

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Agile ... -Guitar.gc

Looks like it's in nice shape and has upgraded pickups too. Get at it :D
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Thanks for the heads-up! It does look very good. I just put it in my cart and checked out. In my experience with GC used, that makes about a 65% chance I bought it. The other 35% is waiting for an email that something happened and they couldn't sell it to me. Time will tell.

Edit: Hoping the sale comes through, because I think this looks as good as the Harm 1 (toaster) I bought new, but I prefer P90s!
image.png
Out of an abundance of caution, I called the store and Andrew there tells me he's taking the guitar off the floor, knowing it already sold. Maybe that increases my odds of getting it? LOL
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:57 pm Thanks for the heads-up! It does look very good. I just put it in my cart and checked out. In my experience with GC used, that makes about a 65% chance I bought it. The other 35% is waiting for an email that something happened and they couldn't sell it to me. Time will tell.

Edit: Hoping the sale comes through, because I think this looks as good as the Harm 1 (toaster) I bought new, but I prefer P90s!
image.png
Nice, glad I could help! I've VERY rarely had instances where GC Used items were sold in store a moment before I checked out online and the sale got cancelled, so I'm sure you'll be fine...but it does happen. If you want to be sure, call the store and let them know you just purchased it and they can confirm everything went through. I typically do that just after I place my order.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Oh well, you snooze, you lose. Literally as I was taking a nap when you posted. I'll just have to console myself with the three i alrady have. Out of curiosity though, how much was it listed for and were those GFS pickups?
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:21 pm Oh well, you snooze, you lose. Literally as I was taking a nap when you posted. I'll just have to console myself with the three i alrady have. Out of curiosity though, how much was it listed for and were those GFS pickups?
Three? After this one, I'd still need one more then. :) It was listed for $199.99 (steal). I'm trying to figure out who makes those exact pickups. I'm not there yet. More than one company makes gold foil accented P90s. So far I know they're not the Lollars.

Edit: Good eye - they do appear to be GFS pickups, not sure which.
image.png
slowhand84
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:21 pm Oh well, you snooze, you lose. Literally as I was taking a nap when you posted. I'll just have to console myself with the three i alrady have. Out of curiosity though, how much was it listed for and were those GFS pickups?
I figured you weren't too pressed for guitars to play these days, but you know I gotta send these deals out to my lefty buddies when I can :lol:
dabbler
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:57 pm Thanks for the heads-up! It does look very good. I just put it in my cart and checked out. In my experience with GC used, that makes about a 65% chance I bought it. The other 35% is waiting for an email that something happened and they couldn't sell it to me. Time will tell.

image.png
Out of an abundance of caution, I called the store and Andrew there tells me he's taking the guitar off the floor, knowing it already sold. Maybe that increases my odds of getting it? LOL
OMG, this is a first! As in the first time I can remember being envious of left- handed players! Congrats!

Sure, I could mod one of mine, but I'm to old and lazy... plus, why, they are solid players and I like the stock pups fine.
IMGP0477a.jpg
But I'm still jealous! :lol:
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

dabbler wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:30 pm OMG, this is a first! As in the first time I can remember being envious of left- handed players! Congrats!

Sure, I could mod one of mine, but I'm to old and lazy... plus, why, they are solid players and I like the stock pups fine.
Thanks! Yeah, I've been thinking about swapping my 1st Harm to P90s, but worried I might have to route the holes a bit and then couldn't reverse it if I changed my mind. With this second one, I won't have to worry about that anymore. Yours look great, and I didn't remember there was a Douglas version!
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:09 pm Nice, glad I could help! I've VERY rarely had instances where GC Used items were sold in store a moment before I checked out online and the sale got cancelled, so I'm sure you'll be fine...but it does happen. If you want to be sure, call the store and let them know you just purchased it and they can confirm everything went through. I typically do that just after I place my order.
Something tells me that "sold out from under us" situation happens more to lefties just because of the relative lack of availability. But yes, I did call the store and they took it off the floor for me.

Also of interest - I had already looked through GC used this morning for lefties but didn't find this one because they didn't use any left-hand oriented keyword in the description. I know that happens often, so once a week or so I search for keywords based on models I'm particularly interested in and once in a blue moon find a hidden lefty gem like you did today!
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:01 pm
slowhand84 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:09 pm Nice, glad I could help! I've VERY rarely had instances where GC Used items were sold in store a moment before I checked out online and the sale got cancelled, so I'm sure you'll be fine...but it does happen. If you want to be sure, call the store and let them know you just purchased it and they can confirm everything went through. I typically do that just after I place my order.
Something tells me that "sold out from under us" situation happens more to lefties just because of the relative lack of availability. But yes, I did call the store and they took it off the floor for me.

Also of interest - I had already looked through GC used this morning for lefties but didn't find this one because they didn't use any left-hand oriented keyword in the description. I know that happens often, so once a week or so I search for keywords based on models I'm particularly interested in and once in a blue moon find a hidden lefty gem like you did today!
Yeah anyone who knows me knows I'm kinda the GC Used steal bloodhound around here :lol: ...truly unbelievable the things I've been able to scoop up from them over the years. That place is a goldmine.
dabbler
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:14 pm
dabbler wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:30 pm OMG, this is a first! As in the first time I can remember being envious of left- handed players! Congrats!

Thanks! Yeah, I've been thinking about swapping my 1st Harm to P90s, but worried I might have to route the holes a bit and then couldn't reverse it if I changed my mind. With this second one, I won't have to worry about that anymore. Yours look great, and I didn't remember there was a Douglas version!
Yeah, I don't think the Douglas version was around long. And it was a slight downgrade from the Agile (no paint behind the f-hole [C-hole?] and no binding on the neck or headstock)... but I likes 'em both. Actually, I also have a sunburst HB Agile Harm too, but no pic on my phone, so a more accurate statement is I likes all 3.
tobijohn
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:27 pm
Three? After this one, I'd still need one more then. :) It was listed for $199.99 (steal). I'm trying to figure out who makes those exact pickups. I'm not there yet. More than one company makes gold foil accented P90s. So far I know they're not the Lollars.
I've got a CSB with Buddha P90s wound to sound like Rickenbacker pickups (the first Agile I ever bought), a white one that currently also has Buddha P90s but which I'm going to put a set of Gibson made minis from an Epi Special Edition 62 Sheraton, and a black Harm 3 currently with handwound minis from a defunct winder from WA (Roadhouse Kingston minis) but have a set of SD SM-3s minis I eventually want to install with a coil split.

IIRC, I paid $200 for the Harm 3 which was a steal five years ago so what you paid for this one was a crime...
slowhand84
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:57 pm
BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:27 pm
I've got a CSB with Buddha P90s wound to sound like Rickenbacker pickups (the first Agile I ever bought), a white one that currently also has Buddha P90s but which I'm going to put a set of Gibson made minis from an Epi Special Edition 62 Sheraton, and a black Harm 3 currently with handwound minis from a defunct winder from WA (Roadhouse Kingston minis) but have a set of SD SM-3s minis I eventually want to install with a coil split.

IIRC, I paid $200 for the Harm 3 which was a steal five years ago so what you paid for this one was a crime...
Yeah GC tends to either price Agiles stupid high or stupid low. I bought a Harm with P90s for $100 back in 2017 or so...not to mention my custom AS-1000 for $199 and countless others.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

IMHO, Agile Harm was one of the best offerings ever from Rondo. Fills that Rick-ish and low weight niche.

The only changes I've made to my 2008 Harm was magnet swaps. The bridge now has (1) of the original ceramic bar magnets and (1) Alnico 5 (bitey / chimey) for the bridge and (1) Alnico 3 and (1) Alnico 5 for the neck, which made it bouncy while retaining good string definition.

This guitar has been my go-to for 2nd guitar parts in recordings. I did a full night gig for a classic rock band using it and it worked but was not the most versatile.
Agile Harm 1 2-22-2023.jpg
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:10 am IMHO, Agile Harm was one of the best offerings ever from Rondo. Fills that Rick-ish and low weight niche.
I couldn't agree more! It has that semi-hollow liveliness many guitars can't replicate.
andrewsrea wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:10 am The only changes I've made to my 2008 Harm was magnet swaps. The bridge now has (1) of the original ceramic bar magnets and (1) Alnico 5 (bitey / chimey) for the bridge and (1) Alnico 3 and (1) Alnico 5 for the neck, which made it bouncy while retaining good string definition.
That's an interesting combination, I imagine it sounds great. I don't know how the toaster pickups are made, but something (maybe voodoo logic) kept me from taking a look. If they were exactly the same shape, I think I would have swapped pickups for P90s in my 1st Harm 1, but dang, it still has a great voice anyway - just not my typical tones. The toasters are crisp, just full enough, and not a single note gets lost (no mud at all). But I've admired P90 based Harms for quite some time after they disappeared from the market.

Regarding the GC Used one, I called them yesterday to follow up after placing the order, and emailed this morning because they haven't marked it as shipped yet. Getting nervous, but if I bug them more, they might get mad at me, so I'm just in a wait mode. I've even had GC Used guitars with tracking numbers suddenly disappear without delivery or any explanation. So when the deal is rare and this good, I get twitchy I guess.
honyock
Reactions:

I would have jumped on that too. Great deal. I wish I hadn't sold my Douglas version of the Harm in that finish when I got the gold one I sold to @mickey.

Mine currently has a set of Buddha p90s with the poles being magnetic slugs instead of screws. It sounds amazing and is one of 2 Agiles I will not sell no matter what (which is high praise indeed based on what I let walk out my door over the years)

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
tobijohn
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:57 pm ...Mine currently has a set of Buddha p90s with the poles being magnetic slugs instead of screws. It sounds amazing and is one of 2 Agiles I will not sell no matter what (which is high praise indeed based on what I let walk out my door over the years)
I have a set of Gibson P90s like that in an AD-2200.

Out of curiosity, what other Agile would you never sell?
honyock
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote:
honyock wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:57 pm ...Mine currently has a set of Buddha p90s with the poles being magnetic slugs instead of screws. It sounds amazing and is one of 2 Agiles I will not sell no matter what (which is high praise indeed based on what I let walk out my door over the years)
I have a set of Gibson P90s like that in an AD-2200.

Out of curiosity, what other Agile would you never sell?
My full thickness Semi-custom AL3200.

It is surprisingly light (think it has chambered wings, but Kurt couldn't confirm)Image

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
mickey
Reactions:

When I discovered this thread, the Harm was already gone. I couldn't be happier than I am with the one I already have, so I wouldn't have bought it. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
slowhand84
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:26 pm When I discovered this thread, the Harm was already gone. I couldn't be happier than I am with the one I already have, so I wouldn't have bought it. :D
Yeah it was gone within about 5 mins of me posting it here to Mr. @BatUtilityBelt. And hey, when it comes to guitars...two is always better than one :lol:
BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:25 pm
andrewsrea wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:10 am IMHO, Agile Harm was one of the best offerings ever from Rondo. Fills that Rick-ish and low weight niche.
I couldn't agree more! It has that semi-hollow liveliness many guitars can't replicate.
andrewsrea wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:10 am The only changes I've made to my 2008 Harm was magnet swaps. The bridge now has (1) of the original ceramic bar magnets and (1) Alnico 5 (bitey / chimey) for the bridge and (1) Alnico 3 and (1) Alnico 5 for the neck, which made it bouncy while retaining good string definition.
That's an interesting combination, I imagine it sounds great. I don't know how the toaster pickups are made, but something (maybe voodoo logic) kept me from taking a look. If they were exactly the same shape, I think I would have swapped pickups for P90s in my 1st Harm 1, but dang, it still has a great voice anyway - just not my typical tones. The toasters are crisp, just full enough, and not a single note gets lost (no mud at all). But I've admired P90 based Harms for quite some time after they disappeared from the market.

Regarding the GC Used one, I called them yesterday to follow up after placing the order, and emailed this morning because they haven't marked it as shipped yet. Getting nervous, but if I bug them more, they might get mad at me, so I'm just in a wait mode. I've even had GC Used guitars with tracking numbers suddenly disappear without delivery or any explanation. So when the deal is rare and this good, I get twitchy I guess.
No need to worry, shipping can take up to 2-3 days after ordering sometimes if they're a little backed up. If you spoke to someone and they took it off the floor for you, you're good.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:57 pm I would have jumped on that too. Great deal. I wish I hadn't sold my Douglas version of the Harm in that finish when I got the gold one I sold to @mickey.
Sorry about that! I just had real lucky timing checking the forum this time.

UPS update: The store printed a shipping label today, so I guess that puts me at 80% likely to receive the Harm. I feel like I'm tempting fate by saying "bring the Harm".
honyock
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm
honyock wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:57 pm I would have jumped on that too. Great deal. I wish I hadn't sold my Douglas version of the Harm in that finish when I got the gold one I sold to @mickey.

UPS update: The store printed a shipping label today, so I guess that puts me at 80% likely to receive the Harm. I feel like I'm tempting fate by saying "bring the Harm".
no worries, more money to spend on Bronco upgrades ;)
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

Better than "deliver the Harm to my front door!" lol
tobijohn
Reactions:

What kind of sad is that the original owner probably got no more than half the listing price in cash or credit from GC. Those most likely GFS pickups in it probably cost him around $90 shipped so in effect, he sold that Harm for $10...
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:10 pm What kind of sad is that the original owner probably got no more than half the listing price in cash or credit from GC. Those most likely GFS pickups in it probably cost him around $90 shipped so in effect, he sold that Harm for $10...
I think so, and based on the Harm I already have, I find that absolutely insane. I wouldn't sell mine for $500, and that would be a big profit.