PSA - $70 Perri's Gig Bags On Sale for $19.99

slowhand84
Reactions:

Was cruising around GC's website looking for a nice inexpensive gig bag or two and came across these, marked down from $70 to $20. They're probably nothing fancy but certainly seem decent enough and for this price you really can't get anything more than a thin sleeve from any other brand.

Looks like the sale ends in a day and a half:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Perris/Ele ... 0357286.gc
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

Thanks for the link. I've got a couple coming.
honyock
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote:Was cruising around GC's website looking for a nice inexpensive gig bag or two and came across these, marked down from $70 to $20. They're probably nothing fancy but certainly seem decent enough and for this price you really can't get anything more than a thin sleeve from any other brand.

Looks like the sale ends in a day and a half:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Perris/Ele ... 0357286.gc
Thanks for the heads up.

I needed some to protect my project guitars sitting in the garage on a rack.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Anyone know whether these come in a guitar sized box or folded in a bag? I'd pick up 3 or 4 of them, but my car is too small for curbside pickup of 4 guitar sized boxes, and GC is not offering delivery from my cart. I messaged GC with the same question, but am waiting for a response.
honyock
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote:Anyone know whether these come in a guitar sized box or folded in a bag? I'd pick up 3 or 4 of them, but my car is too small for curbside pickup of 4 guitar sized boxes, and GC is not offering delivery from my cart. I messaged GC with the same question, but am waiting for a response.
Mine allowed delivery to home.

Worst case, you could just remove from the packaging in store. I've left packaging at the store when I picked up guitars before.

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:29 pm Anyone know whether these come in a guitar sized box or folded in a bag? I'd pick up 3 or 4 of them, but my car is too small for curbside pickup of 4 guitar sized boxes, and GC is not offering delivery from my cart. I messaged GC with the same question, but am waiting for a response.
That is weird, you should definitely be able to get them delivered no problem.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:56 pm That is weird, you should definitely be able to get them delivered no problem.
Yeah, it's weird - just not an option in my cart. My only guess is their database knows there's a GC about a mile from my house.
Nothing I can change on this screen or the next.
image.png
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:00 pm
slowhand84 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:56 pm That is weird, you should definitely be able to get them delivered no problem.
Yeah, it's weird - just not an option in my cart. My only guess is their database knows there's a GC about a mile from my house.
Nothing I can change on this screen or the next.
image.png
Interesting. Well a mile isn't far so I guess worst case you can get em delivered there. Just unbox em and leave the boxes/plastic whatever there, they won't have an issue with it.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I just did it again, and a "ship to home" radio button showed up. Maybe after I messaged them they cleared a flag, I have no clue! It's a non-issue now, I'm grabbing a few. Thanks!
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:09 pm I just did it again, and a "ship to home" radio button showed up. Maybe after I messaged them they cleared a flag, I have no clue! It's a non-issue now, I'm grabbing a few. Thanks!
Nice! Glad you got it resolved. I had a rewards certificate for like $80 and nothing else to spend it on so I ordered a few of these and some strings. I am sure they won't be amazing gig bags but they definitely look better than what Gator, Roadrunner, etc. are offering for almost double this sale price.
Brendan
Reactions:

Just ordered two. Thanks!
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I ordered 3, and got an email with 3 different tracking numbers, LOL. Works anyway.
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:44 pm I ordered 3, and got an email with 3 different tracking numbers, LOL. Works anyway.
Same here. Hopefully that means they shipped in bags & not boxes.
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:44 pm I ordered 3, and got an email with 3 different tracking numbers, LOL. Works anyway.
Yeah I am going to have 4 different ones, haha. As long as they arrive it's all good.
golem
Reactions:

I would love to have boxes big enough to ship a guitar. Here's hoping.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I got an answer back from GC today:
image.png
So yeah, I would have had to unbox them at the curbside. But they are scheduled to arrive at home today - probably before the sale is over...
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:32 pm I got an answer back from GC today:
image.png
So yeah, I would have had to unbox them at the curbside. But they are scheduled to arrive at home today - probably before the sale is over...
Not gonna be very profitable for them doing that!

BTW - I got an email yesterday from Stratosphere offering 5 Fender deluxe gig bags for $100. I got all excited:) But when I put it in the cart to check out, they added almost $50 for freight. My excitement went away:(
slowhand84
Reactions:

ILuvTeles wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:56 pm
BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:32 pm I got an answer back from GC today:
image.png
Not gonna be very profitable for them doing that!

BTW - I got an email yesterday from Stratosphere offering 5 Fender deluxe gig bags for $100. I got all excited:) But when I put it in the cart to check out, they added almost $50 for freight. My excitement went away:(
GC will be fine, these things cost them pennies with how many of them they buy in bulk :).
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

0817221401_resized.jpg
My 3 arrived. Test fitting -

Yes - Strat, Tele, Airline Folkstar, Les Paul
No - Jazzmaster, Liquid

Boxes reusable for guitar? Definitely not.
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

@BatUtilityBelt How thick is the padding? Post a pic, please
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

ILuvTeles wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:17 pm @BatUtilityBelt How thick is the padding? Post a pic, please
Not very thick, I'd say maybe 1/4" to 1/3". Feels the same as the zipper width.
0817221451_resized.jpg
Of course that's fine by me. I'm not using these to take guitars out to jams, just keeping them a little safer in the house.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Despite them not fitting offsets, they are decent quality and turned out to fit a few more oddly shaped guitars than I thought they would, so I just ordered 3 more for a total of 6, LOL.

What else did they fit? A Revelation RLR that is too wide for a normal Les Paul case, and an RKS whose body is just strangely shaped.
RLR.jpg
Attachments
RKS Dark Star.png
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:01 pm Despite them not fitting offsets, they are decent quality and turned out to fit a few more oddly shaped guitars than I thought they would, so I just ordered 3 more for a total of 6, LOL.

What else did they fit? A Revelation RLR that is too wide for a normal Les Paul case, and an RKS whose body is just strangely shaped.

RLR.jpg
Nice! And yeah I wasn't expecting much padding at all so anything better than a typical paper thin sleeve you usually get for $30+ is awesome. I don't plan to use these for anything other than housing guitars here at home.
honyock
Reactions:

It does fit a Jaguar, but don't think I would subject a Fender to such a gig bag.

Why they couldn't ship them all in the same box...this is why they aren't profitable.