What a Bargain!

Chocol8
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:27 pm And the question still remains... Why is it in the discount section of the Sweetwater website??
Because is no one is interested at $25,000 they might put it on sale for $35,000 which makes the current price a significant discount!
Mossman
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:48 pm
Mossman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:27 pm And the question still remains... Why is it in the discount section of the Sweetwater website??
Because is no one is interested at $25,000 they might put it on sale for $35,000 which makes the current price a significant discount!
Haha... Yeah, that's the thing. I can't imagine this package having a higher starting price than $25,000.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Gotta be an social media intern's error (decimal in the wrong spot)
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

I've bought a ton of stuff from SW from cables to guitars but of late I find them getting less and less accommodating in general. They have always jumped on an opportunity for price matching. I recently got an itch for a portable recorder so after a bunch of research I landed on the Zoom H1n. SW had them listed for $119 and B.H. Photo for $99. I emailed them and asked for a price match and have still not heard back and my new Zoom H1n has arrived and I've been using it. So maybe this type thing is the new norm at SW. :? :?
Mossman
Reactions:

redman wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:07 am
I've bought a ton of stuff from SW from cables to guitars but of late I find them getting less and less accommodating in general. They have always jumped on an opportunity for price matching. I recently got an itch for a portable recorder so after a bunch of research I landed on the Zoom H1n. SW had them listed for $119 and B.H. Photo for $99. I emailed them and asked for a price match and have still not heard back and my new Zoom H1n has arrived and I've been using it. So maybe this type thing is the new norm at SW. :? :?
I never ask them to price match, I just straight-up ask them to cut me a deal, and they would usually give me 13-15% off. But last October, I bought a Zoom H4n Pro from them, and they only gave me a 10% discount. I'm not complaining. I'm happy to get any discount just for asking for it, but I got the feeling that the days of the 15% discount were over... Or maybe it was because it was a lower-cost item and there wasn't as much wiggle room on the price... I don't know. I didn't say anything about it. There was only one time when they wouldn't give me a discount at all, and they said it was because it was a brand new product on the market (Boss Katana Air). They didn't even have them in stock yet!

I feel it's better to call them on the phone than to email them, purely for psychological reasons. When you have them on the phone, it puts them on the spot, and I think there's more motivation to not let the sale slip away than there is when responding to a passive email inquiry. But when I have emailed my rep just to ask a question, he has always responded promptly. Maybe your email just got lost in the shuffle, or something.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Chocol8
Reactions:

There is a big difference between Sweetwater reps. Some are much better than others.