Old Style Agile Explorer @ MGR

slowhand84
Reactions:

I had one of these back in the day, VERY solid take on the explorer. These original ones aren't super easy to find, not too awful at $470 shipped with hardshell case plus it has the EMGs which in my opinion are the pickups that guitar should have.

https://www.musicgoround.com/product/40 ... itar-white
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Dang. They're selling it for that much? That's the one I recently traded in for credit towards my new LTD EC-1000.

Those EMGs were installed by me! :D
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
slowhand84
Reactions:

RockYoWorld wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:48 am Dang. They're selling it for that much? That's the one I recently traded in for credit towards my new LTD EC-1000.

Yeah most stores sell guitars people trade in for about double what they pay for them so I'd guess they gave you about $200 in credit? $400 plus shipping isn't a crazy deal on this but given the EMGs and the case and based on what they typically sell for it's a fair price to ask. Think I got almost $400 for mine without a case when I sold it years back.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:47 am
RockYoWorld wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:48 am Dang. They're selling it for that much? That's the one I recently traded in for credit towards my new LTD EC-1000.

Yeah most stores sell guitars people trade in for about double what they pay for them so I'd guess they gave you about $200 in credit? $400 plus shipping isn't a crazy deal on this but given the EMGs and the case and based on what they typically sell for it's a fair price to ask. Think I got almost $400 for mine without a case when I sold it years back.
Yeah, it was a little under $200. I had a friend in New York willing to pay me $300 for it, but I didn't really want to deal with shipping such a large guitar. I probably could have sold it for more on FB marketplace, but didn't want to deal with it, and this method got that new guitar in my hands at that moment, and I'm really loving it. I never connected with the Agile Ghost, though I can't say there's anything objective that I disliked about it.
tobijohn
Reactions:

It's gone now, MGR doesn't negotiate on price for sometime after the initial listing so somebody else thought it was a pretty good price as well...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
slowhand84
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:36 pm It's gone now, MGR doesn't negotiate for sometime after the initial listing so somebody else thought it was a pretty good price as well...
Yep this just popped up so it lasted like 24-48 hours I think haha. These older ones are harder to come by.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Being from the birthplace of Old Style ( La Crosse, wi ), and seeing the capital case in the subject line, i'll admit my first thought was this

Pricing wise though, yeah - even used AL's are selling for over $300 or more regularly these days.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
tobijohn
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:12 pm
Pricing wise though, yeah - even used AL's are selling for over $300 or more regularly these days.
Unfortunately, for the last two years I've felt that the stock market has been overvalued, hopefully the Agile market can help make up for what I haven't made by being long stocks
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

tobijohn wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:26 pm Unfortunately, for the last two years I've felt that the stock market has been overvalued, hopefully the Agile market can help make up for what I haven't made by being long stocks
You are certainly a primary shareholder when it comes to Rondo ;-)

On a somewhat related note, I just finished up a final group project in a finance course ( part of my MBA ) in which we had to choose and evaluate a publicly traded company. It involved a pretty detailed financial analysis and historical/10K type review, and then we used a template to project a purchase price. We then had to compare our result with the current stock price and pretend that we were making a presentation to an investment group as to whether or not they should acquire the company. The company we chose was Zillow, and our projection was almost 10x less than the current stock price. Several of the other groups came up with similar result - far lower purchase price ( per share ) recommendations than current stock price. I think part of it was because our analysis and forecast template used traditional valuation metrics, and that the current market doesn't seem to recognize traditional methods anymore. Bottom line to me was that I think some people are in for a rude awakening at some point, the big question is probably when, not if.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:36 pm It's gone now, MGR doesn't negotiate on price for sometime after the initial listing so somebody else thought it was a pretty good price as well...
Dang it. So I could've sold it for $400 PLUS shipping if I actually tried? dang!
slowhand84
Reactions:

RockYoWorld wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:36 pm
tobijohn wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:36 pm It's gone now, MGR doesn't negotiate on price for sometime after the initial listing so somebody else thought it was a pretty good price as well...
Dang it. So I could've sold it for $400 PLUS shipping if I actually tried? dang!
Probably, I got about $400ish for mine without a case when I sold it...but of course that means dealing with the Craigslist/FB whackos and some people don't think it's worthwhile. That's always the trade off when giving things to stores...it's the reason why I'm often so perplexed when I buy something from GC for an insane price and then realize the person who sold it to them got, at best, half of what I paid. I can never understand why someone would sell a guitar worth $1000ish for $150.
Longblacktie
Reactions:

I picked up a ghost pro 6 string with floyd for 350+shipping last spring. Love that guitar.

I'd be in the market for another ghost if anyone is selling. at least float it by the forumites! haha