Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile 3100 MCC
Eastman TB 486
Jay Turser 220
Gretsch Jim Dandy
SX Ash Telecaster
SX Ash Thinline Stratocaster
Fender GT-40 Amp

I got an email from Rondo today about new SX guitars that are incoming and was hoping for an Ash body with a Maple neck similar to the Telecaster I bought a few months ago. They are offering one in Ash but it is blue and I would like to have the clear or very lightly stained wood similar to what is on my telecaster. Maybe he will get some that are just clear again someday. I would want mostly classic setup with pickups, switches, wiring, etc. I have never owned or played strats to speak of. The tele copy stays in tune better than any of my other guitars for some reason and I have been enjoying it. I love clear finishes on wood even if some think it looks like flooring or kitchen cabinetry.
mickey
Reactions:

Stoli wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:06 pm I got an email from Rondo today about new SX guitars that are incoming and was hoping for an Ash body with a Maple neck similar to the Telecaster I bought a few months ago. They are offering one in Ash but it is blue and I would like to have the clear or very lightly stained wood similar to what is on my telecaster. Maybe he will get some that are just clear again someday. I would want mostly classic setup with pickups, switches, wiring, etc. I have never owned or played strats to speak of. The tele copy stays in tune better than any of my other guitars for some reason and I have been enjoying it. I love clear finishes on wood even if some think it looks like flooring or kitchen cabinetry.
I have had an SX Strat & an SX Tele for over ten years & feel the Tele is the better guitar even tho I like the Strat better because I like Strats better than I do Teles. :D

SST3.jpg
STL2.jpg
Gandalf the Intonationer
peskypesky
Reactions:

I have two SX strats and love them both. I put them just about at the Squier Classic Vibe level, for a lot less money.
Banned by Momo
Stoli
Reactions:
Eastman TB 486
Jay Turser 220
Gretsch Jim Dandy
SX Ash Telecaster
Fender GT-40 Amp

peskypesky wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:16 pm I have two SX strats and love them both. I put them just about at the Squier Classic Vibe level, for a lot less money.
Was sort of my thinking. The tele does not have a cheap feel to it and it seems to pair well with my little amp.
Stoli
Reactions:
Eastman TB 486
Jay Turser 220
Gretsch Jim Dandy
SX Ash Telecaster
Fender GT-40 Amp

mickey wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:14 pm
Stoli wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:06 pm I got an email from Rondo today about new SX guitars that are incoming and was hoping for an Ash body with a Maple neck similar to the Telecaster I bought a few months ago. They are offering one in Ash but it is blue and I would like to have the clear or very lightly stained wood similar to what is on my telecaster. Maybe he will get some that are just clear again someday. I would want mostly classic setup with pickups, switches, wiring, etc. I have never owned or played strats to speak of. The tele copy stays in tune better than any of my other guitars for some reason and I have been enjoying it. I love clear finishes on wood even if some think it looks like flooring or kitchen cabinetry.
I have had an SX Strat & an SX Tele for over ten years & feel the Tele is the better guitar even tho I like the Strat better because I like Strats better than I do Teles. :D

SST3.jpg STL2.jpg
I really like the look of your yellowish color. I realize paint or stain makes probably almost no difference in how something sounds with solid body guitars. I might like a Strat better too but would need to play it for a while to figure that out. The longer scale takes some getting used to or at least it has for me.
dabbler
Reactions:

I have almost every SX strat there was (e.g., SST57, SST62, LTDII, LEO, Hawk) and yeah! Their value is very good, IMO! :D
IMGP1851a.JPG
(edited to add a pic)
bc rich
Reactions:

would you consider this one , SX HAWK MN ASH H NA SEMI HOLLOW BODY GUITAR
peskypesky
Reactions:

bc rich wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:18 pm would you consider this one , SX HAWK MN ASH H NA SEMI HOLLOW BODY GUITAR
https://www.rondomusic.com/SX_Hawk_MN_Ash_H.html
Banned by Momo
Stoli
Reactions:
Eastman TB 486
Jay Turser 220
Gretsch Jim Dandy
SX Ash Telecaster
Fender GT-40 Amp

peskypesky wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:36 pm
bc rich wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:18 pm would you consider this one , SX HAWK MN ASH H NA SEMI HOLLOW BODY GUITAR
I would. I have a 335 Eastman copy so was looking for a solid body but if there is little difference with the f hole then that would work as well. I really do not not know how the strat f hole and and solid body are different. You just about have to buy a guitar and play it a while to figure things out. My bro in law has an older Peavey strat and it sounds not so good to me but the switch is messed up in it and I do not understand how it works. I love the sound of my semi-hollow Eastman and it is my favorite guitar but probably a different thing with humbuckers and wide body guitar. In short I was looking for a strat but if the f hole works and sounds about the same then that would be fine. I cannot hear as well as I used to so I might not notice the difference.
Partscaster
Reactions:

(Its so weird going to Rondo and seeing no 6 string ALs.)

I have had 3 mahogany p90 Hawks. They came in good shape. Played well out of box. has the great sounding SX p90's.
Still have all 3, with varying mods.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Stoli
Reactions:
Eastman TB 486
Jay Turser 220
Gretsch Jim Dandy
SX Ash Telecaster
Fender GT-40 Amp

dabbler wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:26 pm I have almost every SX strat there was (e.g., SST57, SST62, LTDII, LEO, Hawk) and yeah! Their value is very good, IMO! :D

IMGP1851a.JPG

(edited to add a pic)
I really like the looks of the one that you have front and center. Something like that.
Partscaster
Reactions:

Stoli wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:03 pm
peskypesky wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:36 pm
I would. I have a 335 Eastman copy so was looking for a solid body but if there is little difference with the f hole then that would work as well. I really do not not know how the strat f hole and and solid body are different. You just about have to buy a guitar and play it a while to figure things out. My bro in law has an older Peavey strat and it sounds not so good to me but the switch is messed up in it and I do not understand how it works. I love the sound of my semi-hollow Eastman and it is my favorite guitar but probably a different thing with humbuckers and wide body guitar. In short I was looking for a strat but if the f hole works and sounds about the same then that would be fine. I cannot hear as well as I used to so I might not notice the difference.
I have an SX Thinline Strat with f-hole. The f-hole isnt very large. Its perhaps 2-3 inches wide, and 7-8 long. But I think it has the effect of the electric sound being a small bit more airy and hairy when compared to solid body strat. More hairier, than more airier. It is louder unplugged too. I got the 2TSB and its a beautiful body.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Stoli
Reactions:
Eastman TB 486
Jay Turser 220
Gretsch Jim Dandy
SX Ash Telecaster
Fender GT-40 Amp

Partscaster wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:11 pm
Stoli wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:03 pm
I have an SX Thinline Strat with f-hole. The f-hole isnt very large. Its perhaps 2-3 inches wide, and 7-8 long. But I think it has the effect of the electric sound being a small bit more airy and hairy when compared to solid body strat. More hairier, than more airier. It is louder unplugged too. I got the 2TSB and its a beautiful body.
I sort of thought about those too. I plugged one of those Classic Vibe Jazzmaster guitars into a really nice older Fender amp and that thing sounded great. Not sure they were P-90s or what they were but I really liked the clean sound with some reverb. I love the look of the ash or whatever that wood is. Nothing wrong with the airy and hairy thing. I just do not want to hear it squeal like a pig :}.