Model numbers on Agile 3000 series

exonerv
Reactions:

I recently picked up a AL-3200MCC in tobacco sunburst and have been loving the playability of this thing. I grab it every single time these days.

I started reading about the 3000 series and have tried to do a side by side comparison to determine the meanings of the various models, but still have no idea what the MCC designation means. I have no doubt someone here can explain it to me.

I very much appreciate any insight offered...

MikeImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

toomanycats
Reactions:

If memory serves correctly, "MCC" stands for Maple cap, Compound fretboard radius, and Contoured neck heel.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

I don't know about the serial #'s but I do about the AL-3200 what a great guitar I had one and loved everything about the guitar and it's one of those I sold that I wish I hadn't. I did upgrade the pups to SD "Whole-lotta-humbuckers" and put a set of Grover locking tuners in it but it was just awesome. I still have an Agile PS900 I rebuilt it with all new, quality parts the only thing original is the body neck fretboard and frets I named it the Beast because that it is. Thanks again @Bubba Zanetti

So congrats on an excellent guitar.
honyock
Reactions:

Those are the newer 3200 style.

Multiple radius.
Coil split.
maple Cap.

The older style were thicker body, with a neck through that was an identical width of neck.

They also added a volute at the neck to headstock transition.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
exonerv
Reactions:

Thanks guys...good to know. Love this guitar and plan to hang onto it for the foreseeable future. Was happy to find this one locally on CL. It came with the nicer case as well.

I also have the original pick-ups, but the original owner had removed them and put in Tonerider AC4 (alnico classic) neck and Tonerider Rocksong bridge. From my reading the OG's are better than average, but I'm super happy with the tonal range of the replacements.

My old buddy fullonshred get me interested in Agile and now I own a couple. I sure miss that guy.

Mike

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

exonerv
Reactions:

Ah! That chart was exactly what eluded me. Perfect! Thanks ILuvTeles!