Incoming Agiles

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Today I saw a new Reverb seller with a gaggle of cool lefties all at once. Several really caught my eye, but 2 more than the others, and his prices were reasonable. The only problem is he's across the Atlantic ocean from me, and, well, trans-atlantic shipping costs are horrible these days. I shot him offers and he was able to come up with a very reasonable counter combining the shipping, so I have these 2 on their way to me, both in near mint condition and in hardshell cases. It will be my 3rd Harm, but my 1st Argus.
1.jpg
1.jpg
Yes, that is plastic still on the pickguard. The seller's name is Glenn, very nice bloke (in UK). Any lefties interested in more should check out his Reverb outlet as he has some other good ones. https://reverb.com/shop/glenns-gear-outlet-312
Edit: I should note the Argus is a 625, not a 630. That means it's 25.5" Fender scale, not the baritone.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Wow !

Lefties get their revenge ! I feel so left out. :(
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

I saw all of those as well and was going to post here but looks like you already ordered them all - nice work! Maybe @tobijohn can pick up the scraps?
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Nice score!

Can't go wrong with a Harm1. is that a Jazzmaster type baritone?
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
dabbler
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:38 am Nice score!

Can't go wrong with a Harm1...
I agree wholeheartedly! Even a non-Agile one!
IMGP0477a.JPG
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:38 am Nice score!
Can't go wrong with a Harm1. is that a Jazzmaster type baritone?
I agree completely. Love my Harms! The Argus is a Jazzmaster type, but not a baritone. I think most of the Arguses (Argusii?) were baritones, but this one is 25.5" scale. I found the original listing Kurt had for it saying the Fender scale version was by customer request. I just couldn't resist that color.
https://www.rondomusic.com/product3887.html
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

I've got a natural baritone one but made by Douglas. Hope to finish modding that one soon.

I believe I already posted my baritone Ceti by Douglas.

My favorite though is my ash top Harm
tobijohn
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:41 am .. Maybe @tobijohn can pick up the scraps?
I either have them or have no
real interest in the ones I don't. I don't think I've ever seen a lefty Argus on the used market. I also wonder how all those Agiles ended up in the UK ..
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:18 pm I either have them or have no real interest in the ones I don't.
Understatement? :)
tobijohn wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:18 pm I don't think I've ever seen a lefty Argus on the used market. I also wonder how all those Agiles ended up in the UK ..
I looked over the initial offerings from this seller unusually carefully because of the overseas angle. He says they came from a large collection, but didn't say whose. Also, they keep adding more lefties, so maybe stay tuned for models you might want. If I had to guess, it looks like an estate sale of someone's collection. It looks like most were bought new and not played extensively. This is also the first time I've seen an Argus used. I missed the opportunity when they were new, and frankly I would have tried either 25.5 or baritone scale. I'll get more use from the 25.5.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Agiles From UK.jpg
Just a quick note because I've only had about an hour with them so far. The delivery gave me a heart stress test. They were packed in thin bubble wrap then paper inside their cases. No boxes at all. To ship overseas, by air though, but still! One of the cases' middle latch didn't want to open, probably took a direct hit. surprisingly, I see no other damage of consequence.

Both guitars were seriously detuned for shipping, and did have a little extra foam padding in their cases. They appear to be fully intact. Both tune and play fine. The pot scratchiness tells me they were stored a while, so some deoxit will be used. Both guitars still have their plastic films, and they look pretty well unplayed. Both are voiced very nicely, especially the Argus - it is surprising me with those mini hums. I'll follow up more after I take a good while to set them up.

For anyone who hasn't done this before: Please don't ship guitars without boxes and thicker padding. As happy as I think I will be with these 2, I would not risk buying any more shipped this way.