SX Liquid

Partscaster
Reactions:

DSCN1340 (1).jpg
DSCN1254.jpg
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

20200606_215409.jpg
brattmatter
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:38 pm
brattmatter wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:22 pm
I may have asked you this before, but is the neck on these like the Furrian (tele) or the Hawk (strat)? Because I adore my Furrian. My Hawk...meh, not so much.

Edit: And nice video... ;)
I'm surprised that there's a real difference between the necks on your guitars. I honestly would have guessed that they're all made to the same specs.
Yeah. I would say the difference would be the same as it is between a Fender Strat and Tele. The Hawk has more depth and is a rounder feel than the Furrian. You need to pick up a Furrian ;)
peskypesky
Reactions:

brattmatter wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:03 pm you need to pick up a Furrian ;)
If I did, it would be this baby:

https://www.rondomusic.com/SX_Furrian_MN_PBU_Trem.html

or maybe the black one
Banned by Momo
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

The liquid is one Rondo guitar I’ve never owned, this is not helping...especially with the scarcity of offerings and current deals.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
uwmcscott
Reactions:

Also Noticed that shipping is substantially cheaper on Kurt’s Reverb listings than on the Rondo page. And only one of the LPBs left....hmmm
peskypesky
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:26 am Also Noticed that shipping is substantially cheaper on Kurt’s Reverb listings than on the Rondo page. And only one of the LPBs left....hmmm
the Lake Placid Blue looks fantastic
Banned by Momo
dabbler
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:01 am
uwmcscott wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:26 am Also Noticed that shipping is substantially cheaper on Kurt’s Reverb listings than on the Rondo page. And only one of the LPBs left....hmmm
the Lake Placid Blue looks fantastic
I agree!
LPB 2M.jpg
uwmcscott
Reactions:

So for those of you who have the 3P90 versions of these - I’m curious as to what positions 2 and 4 sound like. Is it like a Strat in that respect at all?
brattmatter
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:12 pm
brattmatter wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:03 pm you need to pick up a Furrian ;)
If I did, it would be this baby:

https://www.rondomusic.com/SX_Furrian_MN_PBU_Trem.html

or maybe the black one
I support these choices. :)
brattmatter
Reactions:

Anyone have photos with the pickguard off for the 3-P90 model?
dabbler
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:10 pm So for those of you who have the 3P90 versions of these - I’m curious as to what positions 2 and 4 sound like. Is it like a Strat in that respect at all?
Yes, the mixed (positions 2 & 4) tone is what you'd expect, but from P90s.
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

dabbler wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:55 pm
uwmcscott wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:10 pm So for those of you who have the 3P90 versions of these - I’m curious as to what positions 2 and 4 sound like. Is it like a Strat in that respect at all?
So, Stratty but with moar bawlz?
DonM
Reactions:

My Candy Apple Red with three pickups, someday to become two pickups. Hate that middle pickup. I just can’t play with that damn thing there.
834FA148-A68A-4D69-AC0B-A9BA09A962B6.jpeg
dabbler
Reactions:

Jaymo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:12 pm
dabbler wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:55 pm
So, Stratty but with moar bawlz?
I would call it a middy strat.
ID10t
Reactions:

I hope you are all collectively proud of yourselves. I had pre-ordered a LPB Liquid about 18 months ago and the shipment was wrong, so I didn't get it and have been looking at that green (VGN) one for months, waiting for it to go on sale or a B stock.
Just pulled the trigger you enablers, no sale or B stock, did go through Reverb for cheaper shipping. I'm really not a post NGD kinda guy, we'll see.
dabbler
Reactions:

ID10t wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:28 pm I hope you are all collectively proud of yourselves. I had pre-ordered a LPB Liquid about 18 months ago and the shipment was wrong, so I didn't get it and have been looking at that green (VGN) one for months, waiting for it to go on sale or a B stock.
Just pulled the trigger you enablers, no sale or B stock, did go through Reverb for cheaper shipping. I'm really not a post NGD kinda guy, we'll see.
We are! And I bet you'll post A NBD on this one. ;)
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

ID10t wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:28 pm I hope you are all collectively proud of yourselves. I had pre-ordered a LPB Liquid about 18 months ago and the shipment was wrong, so I didn't get it and have been looking at that green (VGN) one for months, waiting for it to go on sale or a B stock.
You're welcome.
The body shape may not be for everyone, but they sound and feel great.
Jaymo
Reactions:

Judging by some of the reactions to my reply to peskypesky, I must be missing something.
Is it because I complimented his soloing? He plays a lot better than I do, so.....
Is it because I didn't know it was his video?
Or is it because his video is the one that pushed me over the edge?
I watched every video I could find on the Liquid, before buying one.
I was trying to convince myself that I wanted to get a Strat instead.
I watched Scott Grove's videos about them. Figured if he liked them, I probably wasn't risking much by getting it.
None of the videos I saw did anything to dissuade me from getting the Liquid before the Hawk.
But, when I heard how well it did Gilmour, It was all over.
I had to have a Liquid. It had to have P90s. and it had to have a JM trem.
Only later, did I pay attention to the fact that it said that it had replacement pickups.
By that time it was too late. I'd already received, and fallen in love with, the Liquid.
Mine still has the stock pups and will remain so.

Although I'd rather have candy apple red, I really like my "powder blue".
Kind of a robin's egg blue. Reminds me of Easter candies.
fatjack
Reactions:

I'm fairly proud if I helped the effort. :lol: Cheap as they are and for what you get it's still a deal just not mugging him for it. Enjoy it when it comes.
uwmcscott
Reactions:

I'm sitting on that fence too, really kind of surprised they have been sitting there for so long in such small quantities. Maybe the quarantine buying frenzy has finally subsided?

I'm torn between the LPB/maple and the Black/rosewood. Both my fender style guitars have maple necks, but I love that blue. I really like that vintage green you have coming too, would love to see some real pics of that color when you get it.
ID10t
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:26 pm
I'm sitting on that fence too, really kind of surprised they have been sitting there for so long in such small quantities. Maybe the quarantine buying frenzy has finally subsided?

I'm torn between the LPB/maple and the Black/rosewood. Both my fender style guitars have maple necks, but I love that blue. I really like that vintage green you have coming too, would love to see some real pics of that color when you get it.
I actually cleaned up a little so that I could get some pictures to post. I am also looking and thinking of "common Green things" to photo with it. Kind of like putting a quarter next to something for size dimension.
My problem with me doing NGD is that I am a mixture of ignorant and stupid and I don't want to prove how little I know or how inarticulatly I can speak about guitars. "It has a basic 1973 CBS era neck feel with a hint of a 57 chunk heel convex contour." What?
uwmcscott
Reactions:

ID10t wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:51 pm My problem with me doing NGD is that I am a mixture of ignorant and stupid and I don't want to prove how little I know or how inarticulatly I can speak about guitars. "It has a basic 1973 CBS era neck feel with a hint of a 57 chunk heel convex contour." What?
No speaking required here ...just post the pRon and everyone will be happy. ;-)
ID10t
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:58 pm
ID10t wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:51 pm My problem with me doing NGD is that I am a mixture of ignorant and stupid and I don't want to prove how little I know or how inarticulatly I can speak about guitars. "It has a basic 1973 CBS era neck feel with a hint of a 57 chunk heel convex contour." What?
No speaking required here ...just post the pRon and everyone will be happy. ;-)
It should be here Monday evening and I will quaritine/climate adjust it before I unbox it (It will spend all day on a truck in 108°F and come into a 74°F house) and I should have picks up Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.
minigoos
Reactions:

20200619_110524(1)a.jpg
purchased black in the winter; went sparkle pink in the spring . . .