Volume/Tone Knobs on Agile Guitars

King Lerxst
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile 3200 (Tribal Green), Agile 3001 (Blue), Agile 3010 (Honey), RavenWest 7-String (Lizard Green), Signature Odyssey (Red), PRS Custom 24 (Purple), Squier II Strat (Blue), Squier 60's Strat (Burgundy Mist), Ibanez S540 (Red), Ibanez S540 (Green), Ibanez RG517 (Green Sparkle), Charvel Fusion (Red), Charvel Desolation (Blue Smear), Kramer Aerostar (Red), Hagstrom D2F (Gold Sparkle), Xaviere XV-555 (Purple), Fender Strat (Gold)

I need some input from the Agile experts among us. I've just purchased a Agile LP style guitar and want to change out the volume and tone knobs. Is there a specific size I need to buy or will generic brands fit?
Chocol8
Reactions:

There’s two common sizes of shafts 1/4” and 6.0 mm and then there is smooth vs knurled.
Partscaster
Reactions:

The import guitars tend to be metric and have different number of splines/ridges inside the knob to line up with the potentiometer shaft.
Metric pot = 18 splines
Imperial/US pot = 24 splines

I think the Agiles I had all came with metric knobs.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
tony1852
Reactions:

I thought I'd tag on this as it's somewhat related. On my AL and AD32mcc the tone knobs are very close to the body and not easy pull for the coil taps, especially on the AL's. Would different knobs help this, or do they need to have slightly longer pots?
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

@tony1852
A different kind of knob could be easier to grip and pull than what you have now. If you have the cylindrical "speed knobs" you could go around it with an old tip for a soldering iron and make some holes it to make gripping easier.

But aside from that, you could get longer shafted pots and replace the ones in it if you like your specific knobs and just wanna be able to get up under to pull em.
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
honyock
Reactions:

I liked the Tele barrel knobs on my AL3200MCC, but speed knobs look less out of place.

Just look for import or metric knobs in descriptions and they should work.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.