New Agile AD-3200 now comes with Giovanni pickups. Or do they really?

tobijohn
Reactions:

tony1852 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:50 pm
Or, if someone doesn't like the GVH-1 pickups they received and swapped them out, I'd be willing to take them off your hands and test them out!
Give $40 to a Ukranian relief fund of your choice and I'll pull the set out of my AD-3200MCC and ship them to you gratis...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
tony1852
Reactions:

How can I pass that up?? Done! I'll pm you tomorrow after my donation. Thanks!!
tobijohn
Reactions:

tony1852 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:09 pm How can I pass that up?? Done! I'll pm you tomorrow after my donation. Thanks!!
Most of the major news outlets have lists of vetted aid organizations, here's a link to CNNs:

https://action.publicgood.com/campaign/ ... source=cnn

Charity Navigator has a list as well:

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index. ... &cpid=9366
tony1852
Reactions:

Donation made, pm sent.

I'm just a middle aged guitar hack wanna-be, with more guitars than ability. But I'm always blown away by the charity, now literally, of the people here. I get on this forum and ask for help, and it's always answered. Now parts are sent to me at no compensation to the owner, who simply asks that I help someone else.

I consider myself a fairly principled and positive person. I believe in the unharnessed potential of individuals. Unfortunately, most people fail to even attempt to reach their potential and disappoint. I know I'm waxing philosophically here, but seriously, I don't know how lucky I am to have found this place. It's good to have your faith restored in humanity every so often.

I'm probably not capturing the essence of how I've been moved by your gesture. It would take too much time here. But do know that I have been moved.

THANKS AGAIN!!
tobijohn
Reactions:

They'll be on their way tomorrow. FWIW, I have the retail GVH-1s in a couple of other guitars and while it's been a while, I seem to recall doing a comparison between the OEM and retail sets and I had a hard time telling the difference, if at all. Of course, this is completely subjective, and my ear isn't professional...
tony1852
Reactions:

That's awesome and thanks so much again! Can't wait to drop these into one of my Agiles. Which brings me to my next dilemma I'm posting...
Gergo
Reactions:

tony1852 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:50 pm
If anyone picked up a recent 3100 or 3200mcc and felt like verifying, it would be interesting. Or, if someone doesn't like the GVH-1 pickups they received and swapped them out, I'd be willing to take them off your hands and test them out!
Yes, I got an AL-3200 mcc from the last batch and they do indeed have Giovanni GVH-1 pickups. I have gotten 3 Agiles since mid 2020 and they have all had Giovanni pickups. Also, the pickups just prior to mid 2020 were indeed G&B
My playing is always better after some good beer