NGD: Knaggs Severn HSH

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
golem
Reactions:

I got this in trade for a Gretsch 6228 I got when on sale from Adorama. The 6228 is a fantastic guitar and if you can find a good deal on one I suggest checking it out but this, this is amazing. I would never order a guitar with these specs. I've never liked the JB much, never tried the SSL5, but I'm always fond of the Jazz neck provided a guitar isn't too bright. I wouldn't even imagine wanting a guitar this color. But, I have it and love it.

Attachments
image.png
Partscaster
Reactions:

Thats a great color, IMO. Looks good with the rosewood fb and maple tint.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Mr. Leyvatone
Reactions:
Gearlist: 5 Agiles, 5 SX, assorted other guitars and gear.

Dude, that’s a masterpiece. Congratulations!
UrenragK
Reactions:

Fabulous looking guitar HNGD
glasshand
Reactions:

Looks sharp! I'm curious about that tremolo; I don't recognize the style.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Kermit: "it's not easy being green."

You: "Hold my beer."
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
golem
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:55 am Looks sharp! I'm curious about that tremolo; I don't recognize the style.
It's unique to Knaggs. They also have a bridge that's unique to Knaggs on the Kenai series which I also dig. It's a great trem system. It's got great sustain.
honyock
Reactions:

That is so cool looking. Love the sparkle

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
ronnx
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile, Squier, Ibanez, Italia, Fender., Peavey, Epiphone and Partscasters.

]golem, the first new car I ever bought was about the same color less the sparkle. I bought a 70 1/2 Chevrolet Cammaro that was Citrus Green. I called it the frog. Like the photos without the stripes. I had just gotten out of the Army and this was a real treat.
cdim.jpg
Attachments
cdim2.jpg
golem
Reactions:

@ronnx I don't doubt that a few of Knaggs finishes have been inspired by well loved car finishes.
voodoorat
Reactions:

i didn'tk now they made them in that color, but it looks great and it's a knaggs; 'm sure it plays and sounds good.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

I got to agree that a beautiful finish,
slowhand84
Reactions:

golem wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:49 am I got this in trade for a Gretsch 6228 I got when on sale from Adorama. The 6228 is a fantastic guitar and if you can find a good deal on one I suggest checking it out but this, this is amazing. I would never order a guitar with these specs. I've never liked the JB much, never tried the SSL5, but I'm always fond of the Jazz neck provided a guitar isn't too bright. I wouldn't even imagine wanting a guitar this color. But, I have it and love it.

y

Nice! Id say you got the better end of that deal, Knaggs makes really killer stuff. I actually really dig the color too, big fan of green. Enjoy it!
golem
Reactions:

@slowhand84 Arguably I did and we talked about as much. He'd played it for 6-7 years in church and strongly preferred his mid 60s Gretsch. He figured the 6228 was an interesting modern take on Gretsch and would work perfect for an alternative/spare to his favorite Gretsch. We were both happy.

@andrewsrea told me when he saw it that it was the weirdest relic job he'd ever seen. I told him it wasn't a relic. Look at the finish. Everything is mint except the bridge and pickups. It was just from playing in church services (and practicing) over the years.
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

I’ve never heard of Knaggs.
It appears my ignorance knows no bounds.
That’s a beautiful guitar.
The color is not one I would have thought to order, but it looks great.
golem
Reactions:

Jaymo wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:08 am I’ve never heard of Knaggs.
Knaggs worked at PRS for 25 years. I think when he started out there he was their head paint guy. By the end he was the director of R&D and Private Stock. He designed a few PRS guitars like the SC, Mira, Starla, and SC-J.

More than a few PRS people are familiar with him and Peter Wolff, the co-founder of Knaggs. Otherwise, it's a boutique brand I wouldn't expect most people to know.
caustic69
Reactions:

Congrats!! I am not crazy about the color personally but holy crap it's a Knaggs! Great guitar! I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment from it. I also have gotten guitars in trade in colors I may not have chosen but that is a minor thing, especially if it is a guitar like that!