Whats your' latest gear acquisition?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Black Lion Audio Revolution 2X2 Interface....FARKING AMAZING! :)
Attachments
BLA Revolution 2X2.png
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

I thought I'd give this one a try. Should be here tomorrow. Kinda pricey, but I got a good deal on it.

Mad Professor Loud´N Proud Vintage 4-Input Marshall

~Jim~

Even great harmonica players suck half the time! :roll:
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

A couple more Bentons join the herd

Harley Bentons.jpg
slowhand84
Reactions:

slowhand84
Reactions:

Just scored an Agile Epic Mod for a cool $299 from GC, arriving in a few days. This is the upgraded version of the original Agile Epic w/ Fishman Modern pickups which are like $250 a set by themselves. I have a green Epic already but I'll probably put it up for sale if this one works out as I like this color scheme much more.

https://reverb.com/item/36266406-agile- ... rn-pickups

Chocol8
Reactions:

Went to my local guitar shop this afternoon to try out a PRS Silver Sky. I mostly liked it, but the volume and tone knobs felt really cheap, and I was not blown away for $2400. I would say it was a nice $1500 guitar that only needs minor tweaks, but it's nothing amazing. In fact, I liked the MINT 2016 American Standard they had a bit better. Ash body in Siena burst, C shaped maple neck, hard shell case. Looks brand new, even had the plastic film on the back plate. For 60% off the PRS price, I decided it deserved a forever home and adopted her on the spot! Pictures later...
tobijohn
Reactions:

Lacking Talent wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:41 am Image
That really resonates with me! I've never seen one of those before, what is it?
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:23 pm
google samick rick bennett rickenbacker
Chocol8
Reactions:

Impulse buy...
85DAFCFE-0A57-41F5-931F-1CC75D84A952.jpeg
70008D2A-58EE-4CA1-B01E-66110D44C233.jpeg
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:40 pm Impulse buy...

That's quite impulsive...er I mean impressive
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:28 pm

Imprulsive?
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Rollin Hand wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:12 am

Imprulsive?
That's brilliant...we need a an "Imprulsive Purchases" forum separate from the rest
ID10t
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:27 pm
Rollin Hand wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:12 am

Imprulsive?
That's brilliant...we need a an "Imprulsive Purchases" forum separate from the rest
I concur, the antonym of a "premeditated" purchase?
voodoorat
Reactions:

I got another one of these (Martin GC-MMV). The scuffed one is my main jam acoustic and I really like how it plays and sounds with the Lr baggs m80 sound hole pickup. So I, uh, got a spare. Image

I think the older one is a 2005 and the pristine one is a 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
voodoorat
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote:Went to my local guitar shop this afternoon to try out a PRS Silver Sky. I mostly liked it, but the volume and tone knobs felt really cheap, and I was not blown away for $2400. I would say it was a nice $1500 guitar that only needs minor tweaks, but it's nothing amazing. In fact, I liked the MINT 2016 American Standard they had a bit better. Ash body in Siena burst, C shaped maple neck, hard shell case. Looks brand new, even had the plastic film on the back plate. For 60% off the PRS price, I decided it deserved a forever home and adopted her on the spot! Pictures later...
I like my Silver Sky a lot but I agree that my American strats are a little different but not really worse (except the N4 pickups in the elite), and it was a weird decision to put such cheap-seeming knobs, switch tip, and tuner keys on a fairly expensive guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Partscaster
Reactions:

What is the model, and specs? Ash body?

Sorry, I see above specs. Very Nice.
How are the pickups?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Chocol8
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:08 am
What is the model, and specs? Ash body?

Sorry, I see above specs. Very Nice.
How are the pickups?
I believe it is a bone stock 2016 American Standard.

22 fret C shaped neck with 9.5” radius. I am mostly used to the vintage 7” radius like the Silver Sky, but like the C neck better than the thicker PRS neck and the deep C American Professional necks. The rounding of the fret board edge and fret ends is excellent!

2 point term with magic copper infused block??? It is decked and will stay that way as I don’t use the trem bar on a Strat. I also added a strip of polyester batting around the 4 springs to silence them.

Standard 5 way wiring, no treble bleed, TBX, or other funky wiring.

Fender CS Fat 50’s pickups. I changed string gauge and spent some time adjusting the setup and intonation, but I have not spent much time playing it plugged in yet. Initial impression is they sound pretty good, but I might try to lower the G poles to even the response a bit. If that fails, or if I don’t fall in love they will be swapped out.

It’s not a super light ash guitar, more medium weight, but it is very “alive” and has great acoustic resonance. I haven’t put it on a scale yet, but I would guess it is somewhere around 8 lbs.
Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

A couple more pedals that I just had to try.....(hands shaking)

EHx RIPPED SPEAKER Pedal
I don't buy EHx pedals anymore because more often than not, I usually disappoint in them.
But after listening to this demo I just had to give it a try....and lo and behold......it's a keepers.
A very quiet pedal, especially for EHx and the sound is dead on "Ripped Speaker". and has lots of range.
And a great price point!

============================================================================================
Next...

THE ONECONTROL PERSIAN GREEN SCREAMER PEDAL
The long and short of it it....it's is a Tube Screamer clone with a few added goodies thrown in and
it's genius. It's been a long time since I've bother with a Tube Screamer or one of it's clone. Just
not me....nothing there for me. But this pedal has redefined the Tube Screamer for me. More range
, more versatility, more goodness. I've always loved this guy's pedals and, to my ears, he's done it again.

~Jim~

Even great harmonica players suck half the time! :roll:
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:23 pm
Hey, there!

It's a Near Mint condition, MIK Samick "Greg Bennett" line prototype for a semi-hollow model that never went into production -- which Samick's U.S. office tells me dates all the way back to August of 2000; definitely the coolest example I've seen of a "Rickenbacker-style" (or perhaps a better way to put it would be to say, a "Rickenbacker-inspired") guitar that isn't simply just another lame copy of an actual Rickenbacker model. Solidly and cleanly built, it's tastefully appointed (as you can see), and beautifully styled by the recently passed Mr. Bennett: e.g., the bass horn is just a little larger and longer than the treble horn, so while their curvature to the body is similar, the guitar in playing position avoids creating the disorienting optical illusion that same-size horned guitars do of the treble horn reaching further along the neck than its counterpart on the opposite side..."which is nice." Here's a straight on pic that illustrates what I'm going on about (click to embiggen and the pic will rotate clockwise)...

Samick GB Ric-style proto 2.jpg

The guitar gives up the most jangle with its three-way pickup selector toggle in the middle position, which combines the bridge and middle pickups. Weirdly, toggle towards the floor is the neck pickup alone, and toggle toward the ceiling is bridge pickup alone (I may change all that at some point in the future, as I'm for sure going to want an all three pickups on at once option). The four knobs are two volumes and two typical treble-cut tones, as you'd find on any LP-style. I'm going to take a peek at the pickup bottoms this weekend -- I've got to lower the action a bit, anyway -- and see if I can figure out who made them.

Glad you like it; I love Ric tone, but do not get on well with actual Ric necks, control schemes, weight, etc.!
tobijohn
Reactions:

Lacking Talent wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:56 am
...The guitar gives up the most jangle with its three-way pickup selector toggle in the middle position, which combines the bridge and middle pickups. Weirdly, toggle towards the floor is the neck pickup alone, and toggle toward the ceiling is bridge pickup alone (I may change all that at some point in the future, as I'm for sure going to want an all three pickups on at once option). The four knobs are two volumes and two typical treble-cut tones, as you'd find on any LP-style. I'm going to take a peek at the pickup bottoms this weekend -- I've got to lower the action a bit, anyway -- and see if I can figure out who made them...
Well it being a "one of" prototype, at least i won't have to budget for a lefty version. When /if you decide to rewire, I suggest you take a look at the Freeway switch option, they give a lot of versatility. I'm going to be using them in a couple three pickup guitars I have. The manufacturer has a bunch of different schematics too:

https://www.freewayswitch.com/products/

https://www.freewayswitch.com/schematics-toggle/

https://www.stewmac.com/electronics/com ... witch.html
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
voodoorat
Reactions:

this guy popped up on my local facebook market for $300. players tele 2019.

los amigos, the new one is the white guard on the right. as far as i know it's bone stock except the guy broke the barrel switch tip so i put a chrome one on until i can get a replacement.
image.png
the other one is my 2017 mexican standard with a few parts swapped out (guard, pickups, bridge).

i tuned the new one to open g, took the low e strings off and i'm gonna just leave it keefed out like that i think.
image.png
notdespiadado
Reactions:

I haven't posted in awhile, but about a month and a half ago I got a Snow White ESP Eclipse, Made-in-Japan :)
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:56 am
Lacking Talent wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:56 am
...The guitar gives up the most jangle with its three-way pickup selector toggle in the middle position, which combines the bridge and middle pickups. Weirdly, toggle towards the floor is the neck pickup alone, and toggle toward the ceiling is bridge pickup alone (I may change all that at some point in the future, as I'm for sure going to want an all three pickups on at once option). The four knobs are two volumes and two typical treble-cut tones, as you'd find on any LP-style. I'm going to take a peek at the pickup bottoms this weekend -- I've got to lower the action a bit, anyway -- and see if I can figure out who made them...
Well it being a "one of" prototype, at least i won't have to budget for a lefty version. When /if you decide to rewire, I suggest you take a look at the Freeway switch option, they give a lot of versatility. I'm going to be using them in a couple three pickup guitars I have. The manufacturer has a bunch of different schematics too:

https://www.freewayswitch.com/products/

https://www.freewayswitch.com/schematics-toggle/

https://www.stewmac.com/electronics/com ... witch.html
Great minds...!
BrianSkeezer
Reactions:

notdespiadado wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:58 am I haven't posted in awhile, but about a month and a half ago I got a Snow White ESP Eclipse, Made-in-Japan :)
I don't see an ESP in this post. Anyone else see an ESP in this post? :lol:
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

BrianSkeezer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:39 am
notdespiadado wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:58 am I haven't posted in awhile, but about a month and a half ago I got a Snow White ESP Eclipse, Made-in-Japan :)
I don't see an ESP in this post. Anyone else see an ESP in this post? :lol:
Perhaps were supposed to use ESP to imagine what it might look like ?