your variation of the Bo Diddley Beat?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

I just got back to the Bo Diddley Beat, by convoluted ways, watching Lucille Ball, Ginger Rogers and Lucille's daughter dance the Charleston, and a trip to Wikipedia!

So.. what is your own take on the Bo Diddley Beat?

Extra: I saw Bo play the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston in 2001, small auditorium, adoring audience, a fun night!
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Partscaster
Reactions:

early Stones covers or hand jive mimicking by ear a long time ago brought this beat to my strum. I had no idea it was bo diddley's at that time.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
toomanycats
Reactions:

Does this count?

“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Hmm, a dude on YT says that one of the often-overlooked ingredients in the Bo Diddley wall of sound is tremolo - gonna try various levels and see.

After some work, I found a delay-reverb combo level that I like, off a modest Cube 30 and Flashback, so I may add more sauce.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
glasshand
Reactions:

Am I crazy (don't answer that) or does "Mr. Brownstone" carry hints of the Bo Diddley beat?

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions: