NGD - You Guessed It...

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
slowhand84
Reactions:

Your favorite neighborhood partscaster addict back atcha with another new arrival courtesy of good ole' GC Used...this time, Charvel vibes!

This one set me back a mere $199 and includes what looks like a 2 piece ash body with a really nice quilted maple veneer (interestingly my second lizardburst finish in the stable, don't see those too often). Also has a maple neck and board with jumbo frets, a tremolo with a nice big brass block, Wilky tuners, & Dragonfire pickups.

I love absolutely everything about it except the pickups, they're just "OK"...but I have a good 6-7 sets of humbuggies lying around (Dimarzio, Bareknuckle, Suhr, etc) so I'll find a nice replacement in the parts bin and get these Dragonfire pups out of here. Not sure what make the parts are cuz I haven't unbolted the neck, but guessing we're probably looking at Mighty Mite or something of the sort.

Here come the pics!
Attachments
IMG_2135 (1).jpg
IMG_2139 (1).jpg
IMG_2140 (1).jpg
IMG_2141 (3).jpg
slowhand84
Reactions:

Few more pix of the neck:
Attachments
IMG_2137 (1).jpg
IMG_2136 (1).jpg
IMG_2145 (1).jpg
IMG_2143 (1).jpg
bleys21
Reactions:

Damn it, man! You're on another of your guitar binges. And I don't usually like green guitars, but that one is really nice!
slowhand84
Reactions:

bleys21 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:56 pm Damn it, man! You're on another of your guitar binges. And I don't usually like green guitars, but that one is really nice!
Yeah, I've been going a little hard lately but in my defense I did get rid of about 6-7 recently...so I've got some room :lol:
Partscaster
Reactions:

Nice. I need a good ash body.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
toomanycats
Reactions:

What would really be shocking is if you posted a NGD about a brand new Fender Strat you paid retail for. :lol: I don't see that happening though. :)

With keen eyes like your's there's so many opportunities to steal fantastic instruments like this newest find. This one does have that Charvel So Cal vibe, minus the Floyd. It's also reminiscent of a Schecter Traditional Custom I have.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
slowhand84
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:40 am What would really be shocking is if you posted a NGD about a brand new Fender Strat you paid retail for. :lol: I don't see that happening though. :)

With keen eyes like your's there's so many opportunities to steal fantastic instruments like this newest find. This one does have that Charvel So Cal vibe, minus the Floyd. It's also reminiscent of a Schecter Traditional Custom I have.
Haha, yeah honestly about 90% of guitars I buy tend to be custom builds of various sorts. I learned long ago just how much you pay for a headstock logo with many brands, and how much more you can get if you're cool with a nice bare headstock. I shudder to think how much the Warmoths I've grabbed would cost if they had a Fender logo, especially the one I have that's all flame koa...I'd probably be looking at like $8K.