Pending NGD: Gretsch-lite

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
honyock
Reactions:

Paid off my credit card today so decided to get a father's day gift for myself. Insomnia is kicking my ass tonight, should have tried to go back to sleep...

This was on GC site at a relatively low price for the quoted "great" condition. Would cost more to get a B-stock Harley Benton HB35....

Hope I get lucky like I did with my D'Angelico and I don't have to use the famous GC return policy. ImageImage
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
mickey
Reactions:

Not a Gretsch I am familiar with but
I've never met a Gretsch I did not like! :)
Hope it lives up to your expectations!
Gandalf the Intonationer
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

Thats an awesome score
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I saw that one and was thinking about it. Hope it turns out to be awesome.
OMB
Reactions:

It won't sound Gretschy per se but I like the humbies in my Streamliner so if you lean towards humbuckers this is a good one. Hope it is in good shape.
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
honyock
Reactions:

mickey wrote:Not a Gretsch I am familiar with but
From what I've read, the G2622 Streamliners are a semi hollow with a center block, have G&B humbuckers called Broadtrons.

I've lacking a double cut semi hollow ever since I sold my second AS820.

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
honyock
Reactions:

OMB wrote:It won't sound Gretschy per se but I like the humbies in my Streamliner so if you lean towards humbuckers this is a good one. Hope it is in good shape.
I do tend to like them, so it should hopefully be right up my alley.
tobijohn
Reactions:

It's a great guitar, I've got one with the green finish. The Chinese have no problem with build quality as long as they aren't asked to hit a sub $200 price point...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
honyock
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote:It's a great guitar, I've got one with the green finish. The Chinese have no problem with build quality as long as they aren't asked to hit a sub $200 price point...
I was worried it might be a reject from Casa de TJ, since it came out of West PB Guitar Center...
tobijohn
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:28 pm I was worried it might be a reject from Casa de TJ, since it came out of West PB Guitar Center...
Pure coincidence, ordinarily I would assume that it was a trade-in on something else but that GC never has any new lefty stuff in stock and only occasionally anything used..
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
OMB
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:36 pm
OMB wrote:It won't sound Gretschy per se but I like the humbies in my Streamliner so if you lean towards humbuckers this is a good one. Hope it is in good shape.
I do tend to like them, so it should hopefully be right up my alley.
I personally think the pickups in these are quite versatile. ENJOY!
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
aullucci
Reactions:

The same pups came in my 5622. I agree with the others - they don't do that classic Gretsch thing, but I think they sound great. Enjoy!
mickey
Reactions:

aullucci wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:48 pm The same pups came in my 5622. I agree with the others - they don't do that classic Gretsch thing, but I think they sound great. Enjoy!
Decidedly not the pups that came in my 5622?
Gandalf the Intonationer
mickey
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:35 pm
mickey wrote:Not a Gretsch I am familiar with but
From what I've read, the G2622 Streamliners are a semi hollow with a center block, have G&B humbuckers called Broadtrons.

I've lacking a double cut semi hollow ever since I sold my second AS820.
I have a 5622 & an AS-1000. They are a perfect fit in each other's cases but
don't sound anything alike. :)
Gandalf the Intonationer
honyock
Reactions:

mickey wrote:
aullucci wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:48 pm The same pups came in my 5622. I agree with the others - they don't do that classic Gretsch thing, but I think they sound great. Enjoy!
Decidedly not the pups that came in my 5622?
The Blacktop Broadtrons in the 5622 and Broadtrons BT-2S in the 2622 are different.

honyock
Reactions:

Has a couple new buddies that are trying to horn in on my attention.

I did get some Gretsch style chrome knobs, switch tip, and strap knobs, just to class it up a smidgen.

I've also installed a Gotoh bridge, and Kluson deluxe tuners because the stock hardware was only slightly higher than SX quality IMO.

Now the tuning feels much more solid and the bridge doesn't have a rattle on the open G as it did before.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk