NBD! Thunderbird 60s Bass

Discussions about all things "Bass".
glasshand
Reactions:

It's probably one of the sillier purchases I've made, but it should end up costing me very little (he said, hopefully), so I figured why not... I had a bit of extra money from various gifts, and although I already had a Thunderbird I always wanted a white Thunderbird. They seem to be one of the rarer "standard" colors (Epiphone doesn't even list them in white right now, only tobacco sunburst and ebony), so when one came up for sale I grabbed it.

The seller listed it as being in "excellent" condition, but honestly I would have called it "mint". If it had been listed as new I would not have questioned it. The only sign of wear is very subtle marks on the neck by the headstock, where it was hanging on a hanger.
PXL_20240605_203604912.jpg

There's just something classic about a white Thunderbird, IMO. :mrgreen: (Fun fact: the Thunderbird in these two pictures is actually the same one! - Jackie Fox of the Runaways sold it to Mark Mendoza of Twisted Sister, who apparently still owns it.)
1977 Live In Japan - The Runaways (C.D Japan Mercury Records PHCR-4175) (04).jpg
Markspeaks79.jpg
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:53 pm It's probably one of the sillier purchases I've made, but it should end up costing me very little (he said, hopefully), so I figured why not... I had a bit of extra money from various gifts, and although I already had a Thunderbird I always wanted a white Thunderbird. They seem to be one of the rarer "standard" colors (Epiphone doesn't even list them in white right now, only tobacco sunburst and ebony), so when one came up for sale I grabbed it.

The seller listed it as being in "excellent" condition, but honestly I would have called it "mint". If it had been listed as new I would not have questioned it. The only sign of wear is very subtle marks on the neck by the headstock, where it was hanging on a hanger.

PXL_20240605_203604912.jpg

There's just something classic about a white Thunderbird, IMO. :mrgreen: (Fun fact: the Thunderbird in these two pictures is actually the same one! - Jackie Fox of the Runaways sold it to Mark Mendoza of Twisted Sister, who apparently still owns it.)

1977 Live In Japan - The Runaways (C.D Japan Mercury Records PHCR-4175) (04).jpg
Markspeaks79.jpg

"What is that?!? A Twisted Sister pin?!? On your uniform?!?"

HNBD. I have always liked Thunderbirds, even is I tend towards the sunburst Nikki Sixx look. They just look so substantial.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Great bass! Enjoy!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob