Valeton GP-200 LT Final Thoughts

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

So I just sold my GP-200 and while I still think it's a great pedal, here is why I sold it.

The reason I bought the GP-200 was that I had the GP-100 in conjunction with a small SS Mooer Hornet amp. The Hornet was a decent enough amp but sounded just a bit sterile on it's own. The Valeton GP-100 made it sound divine as long as you adjusted the EQ properly to take advantage of the amp/cab sims and did the best to minimize the cab and preamp stuff on the Mooer.

Enter the Blackstar CV10 (6L6) 10 watt tube amp. WIth only reverb I wanted to play with more effects so I upgraded my unit to the GP-200. Positives were pretty decent effects and loads of things to choose from. Negatives were I really couldn't use the amp/cab models properly with the CV10 without cutting out the glorious preamp section of the amp. Thru the effects loop the GP-200 amp/cabs were OK but a bit noisy for my taste. So just going into the front of the amp was decent for effects but I found out that the GP-200 not being a true bypass was sucking loads of tone and chime from the CV10. In Bypass mode, the amp sounded dead and even thru the pedal there is a definite deadening effect of the amp's natural sparkle.

So for now the CV10 is on it's own with just reverb (it has an overdrive switch/button) and I am enjoying playing direct without any coloring from anything else.

I'm looking for a quality Tremolo/Modulation pedal...the cheap stuff just sounds cheesy to me. Fender makes a tube Trem pedal but unfortunately only their combo Trem/Verb pedal is sold here.

Thinking about getting that Hotone Pulze and trying to use it's built in ampero thru the CV10...stay tuned.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Update: ordered the Boss TR-2 Tremolo pedal a classic and have $50 leftover from the sale of the GP-200. A win win..now for those new guitars...