Is this Fender cab legit?

Brad
Reactions:

This has been for sale for a while, the ad says it is a 70s Fender 4 12 cab but I haven't found anything online saying Fender ever made such a thing. There's no model listed nor any ID plate on the back. The handle ends either aren't original or have been painted black.
I really don't need this but it'd be cool to snag if it is indeed what the seller claims it to be.
edit: sorry I put this in tube amps! Mods, feel free to move this post if necessary.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200621-131023.jpg
mozz
Reactions:

They made a few different model of 4x12 over the years. I have never heard anything great about them so i guess they are ok. CTS, Eminence, Oxford and a few others speakers could be in there. Also the possibility of JBL's.
AGF refugee
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

I’m with @Mozz The real treasure may be hidden inside. I would guess someone painted the corners and handle black. I looked and saw a few appear online so it is definitely something they made. Give it a shot if the price is right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
mozz
Reactions:

I forget about the logos, the fender has the tail underneath, is that silverface era or earlier?
AGF refugee
Brad
Reactions:

The consesus on another site is this is a 70s Music Man cab with Fender grille cloth and logo, probably swapped out years ago to match a Fender amp. The seller may not even know what it really is.
They came with Eminence speakers. I might check it out.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

I've seen Fender cabs from the early 70's that size. One in particular had the speakers on a convex-folded speaker baffle. Very heavy and sounds great. If I recall, came with removable casters.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob