NOCTA

Cornfed
Reactions:

New old classic tube amp
An all original ‘ 68 drip edge Deluxe Reverb. Probably would have never got another chance to own one of these classics, I had to trade my faded ES 335 which I never really bonded with anyway, never sounded like a hollow body to me anyway sounded very much a solid body guitar, it sounded great but there wasn’t much love for playing it for whatever reason.
This amp is super clean, I think even original tubes, only thing non-original is athe old Celestion speaker. Here it is with a very recent new re-issue and I acquired not too long ago, it took me a lot of time to save and finally pulled the trigger, I got a pretty good deal on it also. The 68 is an all black face circuit the only thing different is the silver Face looks. And no they do not sound the same, The re-issue by all means is a awesome amp, but the classic old 68 is a really awesome amp. Did I ever think I would own two of these? No never
I have only played it for an hour maybe two, it had the original lamp cord power cord with no ground. I already got shocked touching 2amps next to each other. it went to the shop last week, I should get it back in a few days I hope.
I might add that in the re-issue I change the speaker to a Hellatone 30, Man what a huge upgrade from the original speaker
F3E84493-7756-4348-BB37-15861A8501F4.jpeg
F3E84493-7756-4348-BB37-15861A8501F4.jpeg (28.25 KiB) Viewed 883 times
mickey
Reactions:

I hope it is in the shop getting the power cord replaced with a proper grounded one, before it gets you killed!
Gandalf the Intonationer
mozz
Reactions:

Great find. I have worked on and seen a bunch of drip edge models. They must have been pushing the advertising in 67-68. Not all are blackface, you have to look inside , tube charts on fenders are known to be wrong a lot of times.

I was under the impression that celestions don't sound so good in open back cabinets. I would somehow try a old Jensen in there if possible.
AGF refugee
Cornfed
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:32 pm I hope it is in the shop getting the power cord replaced with a proper grounded one, before it gets you killed!
Uh okay
Cornfed
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:46 pm Great find. I have worked on and seen a bunch of drip edge models. They must have been pushing the advertising in 67-68. Not all are blackface, you have to look inside , tube charts on fenders are known to be wrong a lot of times.

I was under the impression that celestions don't sound so good in open back cabinets. I would somehow try a old Jensen in there if possible.
Uh, ok