Mist of Fire!

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
doc-knapp
Reactions:

[img][
image.png
img]
image.png
This is the HB P90 Firemist 25th anniversary guitar.
This is officially my first case of GAS in a year. I saw this on YouTube and just had to have it. All I can say is this is my 3rd Harley Benton, and holy shit the third time is the charm!
With shipping, it was around $350. The good: Almost everything. This guitar punches way way above its pay grade. The finish is amazing, the locking tuners at this price point is ridiculous, and the neck is a pleasure.
The bad: The frets all needed a 5 minute polishing and the action came very high before set-up. That's about it.
I am in love with the color, and it sounds and plays like a $1000 guitar.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Nice color and chirally correct. HNGD!
guitaro
Reactions:

Beautiful guitar. I only had one HB, a yellow LP type guitar and it was pretty killer. That was a long time ago so I assume they are even better now. Post some better pics and a follow up review after you get a chance to spend some time with it. I might be interested in this model.
dabbler
Reactions:

Congrats! I am an HB fan.

I have their 25th Anniversary J bass, which I also love.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

HNGD!

That is a very cool color and sounds like a fantastic value!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
tobijohn
Reactions:

The build quality of the early MIC Harley Bentons I have (about 7-8 years ago) were pretty much on par with SXs of the same period. However, the build quality of the ones produced in Indonesia the last three years or so is unreal for the price point as @doc-knapp mentioned above. I have no Idea how they do it and stil make a decent profit per item.

Also, I can't speak for the right-handed selection but in addition to the Jazzmaster and Les Paul styles, there's also a double bound Tele that comes with the Firemist finish. I believe @Brendan picked one up a while back and was just as effusive in his praise of it as @doc-knapp is about the JA-25TH.

I've had my eye out for b-stocks of both but both now say the models are no longer available. In fact, none of the original 25th Anniversary models with the Firemist finish are available in either dexterity:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_ben ... remist.htm

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_ben ... remist.htm

I'm just hoping they come back into stock again...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
doc-knapp
Reactions:

Yeah, TJ. I regret not buying a bunch of these in tele, LP, and strat models last year. It's genuinely hard to think they're making a profit off of these guitars without slave labor. The quality of the parts and finish are of a guitar costing 3-4 times more. One might argue they'd like better pickups, but other than that, this guitar is perfect the way it came. The tuners and bridge are surprisingly high quality. It's freaking shocking.
Here's a video that better shows it's esthetics and sound: