NGD: 2018 AL-3100MCC Oceanburst Flame MN

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

That's a one-off (AFAIK), Samick Greg Bennett Guitars prototype for a "Ric"-style ("330"-ish) model that -- sadly, 'cause it's a terrific instrument -- never went into production.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Oh My! :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:18 pmGreat job.
Thanks! Can you see the remaining two mods no one's called out yet?
Tiga
Reactions:

Beautiful Agile, I had the same model (think mine was 2016). I loved the look of the maple neck with the oceanburst. I felt like mine was always fighting me so I eventually sold it. Been eyeing up some 3200 models lately. Your headstock treatment looks pretty good!
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Thanks, @Tiga! Curious to know how yours fought you, as that's much more often a Tele thing than an LP thing...
Tiga
Reactions:

Yes I have a Gibson LP and Melody Maker and they both feel very natural to play. I'm probably not going to say this well but I never felt the resonance and feedback in my hands that I get playing my Gibsons (and others) in the Agile. It felt non-responsive if that makes sense - and it seemed like I could not get notes to ring out as well. The guitar was well made and beautiful and I'm sure in the hands of someone else it would be magnificent. And I don't want it to sound like it was terrible because it wasn't - it was really good - but when it came time to thin the herd a bit I knew it was time to move it along.

And I get you on the Tele thing - I have a barncaster tele that I made and that things sole purpose is to point out every flaw in my crappy playing.
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Some guitars are just DOA. Many can be brought back to life (e.g., different gauge strings, a new bridge made from a different metal), but there are a few that are simply duds than cannot be revived no matter what one tries.
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Here are the other two -- more subtle -- mods that no one picked up on...

Swapped a lightweight aluminum tailpiece and tune-o-matic bridge in place of the the stocker (which sports Graph Tech saddles); getting more "zing" and "braannngggg" than before.

Had a custom "poker chip" printed, since everyone knows that, "Tone is in the toggle."