New Tune with the Revenge - As requested

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
Narsh
Reactions:
Gearlist: Main Guitars: Kiesel Aries 7, Kiesel SCB6H,
Main Bass: Yamaha TRBX305
Main Amps: Kemper Profiler, AxeFX II XL+, Neural DSP Parallaxe
Recording: MAC,Reaper, Focusrite 8i8 Gen3, JBL LSR308
And much, much, more...

Here is a quick not too thought out recording I did this evening.
Bare with me as I've been listening to a lot of 80's glam stuff lately. The intro is very Whitesnake/Def Leppard and the solo section went a little Vinnie Moore (I wish I could play half as good as Vinnnie) But the main melody is pretty cool I must admit, for an improv it came out pretty good.
But there are a few more tones showcased on the Revenge. I'm having some tuning stability issues so the locking tuners are on the way. Gonna try some really cheap one's first to see how they do. I'll report back when I put them in.

toomanycats
Reactions:

Great new tune. Still loving the tones out of those pickups.

You indicate in a previous post that this is your first Explorer type guitar. In my experience this type of guitar is prone to tuning stability issues due to the the way the string posts are so widely splayed out across the headstock, which necessitates that the strings exit the nut slots at a relatively steep angle. The strings tend to bind at that location. This tuning stability issue is particularly pronounced on my Kramer Baretta Special, which has both a hockey stick headstock and a non locking tremolo. I've satisfactorily addressed the issue on that guitar by filing and liberally lubing the nut slots and by blocking off the trem.

The headstock on the Westcreek Revenge looks like the string angle issue isn't quiet as bad. In addition to your locking tuner upgrade I'd also suggest making sure the nut slots are not too tight (you mentioned going up a string gauge), as well as lubing the slots.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Narsh
Reactions:
Gearlist: Main Guitars: Kiesel Aries 7, Kiesel SCB6H,
Main Bass: Yamaha TRBX305
Main Amps: Kemper Profiler, AxeFX II XL+, Neural DSP Parallaxe
Recording: MAC,Reaper, Focusrite 8i8 Gen3, JBL LSR308
And much, much, more...

Yep i checked the space and it was fine as well as used some good ol’ nut sauce. It’s a $180 guitar so there are cheap parts on it.

I would agree about the pickups though. They aren’t half bad. I’ll keep em in for a bit. I’ve got another axe coming so maybe will throw pickups in that.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I have the same tuning issue with the Baretta special, even with a Tusq XL nut and locking tuners. Once my hand heals up (carpal tunnel surgery), I plan on trying my new set of welding tip cleaners....I mean nut files... to expand the slots. Failing that, I'll Floyd the effer and be done.

Could it be that your smoking playing is warming up the neck and causing issues?
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson