Composing with dim scale

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
mikko.karhula
Reactions:

Hi!

Except for the third note (c) everything else is from E diminished scale ( e, f, g, g#, a#, b, c#, d). I should try to make more these little "compositions" using unusual scales. It would be great practice I think.

https://youtube.com/shorts/MQi967x2A6Y?feature=share

Cheers, Mikko

Lähetetty minun SM-A035G laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Partscaster
Reactions:

Thanks, and yes, unusual scale compositions would be appreciated. Which scale uses just whole steps ? I could look it up, but I first thought this was that one.
I just looked it up. Whole tone scale. I remember my brother teaching me that, over whole tone chord shapes. Very unusual, but makes sense.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
mikko.karhula
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote:Thanks, and yes, unusual scale compositions would be appreciated. Which scale uses just whole steps ? I could look it up, but I first thought this was that one.
I just looked it up. Whole tone scale. I remember my brother teaching me that, over whole tone chord shapes. Very unusual, but makes sense.
Thank you! I have tryed that sometime ago. It's difficult to get ok sounding IMO.

Lähetetty minun SM-A035G laitteesta Tapatalkilla