Played a nice gig last night (Mosfite)

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
deeaa
Reactions:

We had a gig last night with Mosfite (previously Auburn Heights)...was great fun. I played my kit guitar V build at first and then switched to my Dean for no reak reason. Anyway this is one of our slower songs, I think the 3rd song out of 16 we played. Not a really good take, I'm singing a bit warily at this point of the gig and everyone had a few mistakes here and there but wth. Audio is from the camcorder.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
https://www.facebook.com/deeheikkinen/
YouTube.com/deeaa
http://www.mosfite.com (redirects to Google site)
ID10t
Reactions:

I liked it a lot and it sounded tight to me. I'd go to a show if you were considerably closer.

I know you like your V's but you remind me of a calm James Hatfield, therefore I've decided that you need an Explorer.
Joking aside, it was worth the price of admission.
deeaa
Reactions:

ID10t wrote:I liked it a lot and it sounded tight to me. I'd go to a show if you were considerably closer.

I know you like your V's but you remind me of a calm James Hatfield, therefore I've decided that you need an Explorer.
Joking aside, it was worth the price of admission.
Thanks...I have had an Explorer but it just feels too big for me. Have to play it hung really low or it looks weird on me...also I need a very light guitar so I've settled on veea. These all weigh about 7 lbs or a bit less, perfect for my back troubles - slipped a disc carrying PA speakers to a gig in her 90s and it still gets sore really easily.

--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
YouTube.com/deeaa
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Very nice and I like that venue.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
deeaa
Reactions:

The venue is currently the ONLY rock bar in my town. We were lucky to get to play a gig there- currently the next free slots will be next fall. The mixer there is an old friend, total pro who's toured with big names like Nightwish and such, and the bar manager is my old drummer. It's so hard to find places to play these days you don't have to pay to play in. We didn't get paid but we got a few cases of beer and a couple of bottles of hard liquor as payment. That's the way it is these days.

--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
YouTube.com/deeaa
Chocol8
Reactions:

Nice!

BTW, do you still have the blog for your Appenzeller? My daughter has developed an interest in the breed.
Partscaster
Reactions:

sounds good.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
deeaa
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote:Nice!

BTW, do you still have the blog for your Appenzeller? My daughter has developed an interest in the breed.
My wife posts on Instagram as appenzeller_lili but we haven't done anything with the blog since we haven't been able to travel abroad during covid.

Currently awaiting whether we'll have puppies soon, we had a male visitor here for a week. Don't know yet if it succeeded or not.

--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
YouTube.com/deeaa
deeaa
Reactions:

Here's a couple more videos from the gig further on:

The very last song of the night for us, Pariah's Game:

And a song from the upcoming album, No son of God:

--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
YouTube.com/deeaa
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Nice vocals!
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
ID10t
Reactions:

deeaa wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:20 am Here's a couple more videos from the gig further on:

I'm getting some Iron Maiden influence in there.
deeaa
Reactions:

ID10t wrote:
deeaa wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:20 am Here's a couple more videos from the gig further on:

I'm getting some Iron Maiden influence in there.
Yes, Maiden and all the 80s hardrock/metal bands have always been a big influence. Both for sound and other elements. That gets mixed with alternative and progressive elements like Faith No More and Soundgarden and Stone Temple grunge and that's pretty much it, stylewise. I try to get some Motörhead and ACDC type grit into the mix as well. The lead guy makes songs as well and he is into DT and more modern metal and he makes pretty complex songs that are a real challenge to make vocals for that wouldn't be too melodic or too power metal style...and they're hard to play too. These all happen to be my songs though, more straightforward and more traditional metal/grunge.

--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
YouTube.com/deeaa
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Nice job! Which video camera did you use? I think I remember you using a Zoom recorder. Was it the Q2N-4k by any chance?
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
deeaa
Reactions:

It's a Sony Handicam I bought 12 years ago when the 2nd kid was born. Haven't had much use for it in years since phone cameras do as good a job basically. I shot a song from the next band with my phone after the set and it's basically better in every respect except picture stability, hard to hold a phone up unwavering.

The bassist has a zoom recorder but I don't know what. Cigarette box size, a lens and a sort of spherical microphone on top. Records pretty good audio.

--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
YouTube.com/deeaa
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

deeaa wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:13 pm The venue is currently the ONLY rock bar in my town. It's so hard to find places to play these days you don't have to pay to play in. We didn't get paid but we got a few cases of beer and a couple of bottles of hard liquor as payment. That's the way it is these days.

First I want to say you guys sound great and second you deserve so much more than beer and liquor as pay.

NOW FOR MY RANT!!!
It's a shame that pay has gone up so much since the 70's for everyone except musicians. I remember being able to make a decent living from gigging in the 70's . Back then most of my friends were making a couple of hundred bucks or so a week working a 40 hour per week job and I made just as much or more gigging a couple of nights a week. Then here came disco which IMO had absolutely nothing to do with music but club owners realized they could play records and the brain dead masses would still come to party and spend money so they no longer felt the need to pay a band. It's a good thing that for most musicians it's not about money or there would be no live music anywhere but we accepted what ever bone they threw at us because we just wanted to play. When you think about it we have as much or even more time and money invested than a PHD meeting their requirements for their degree and no one would dare of offer them a few beers and some liquor for their services. The hours it takes to learn your instrument enough to even play with others is why maybe 1 out of a 1000 stick with it more than a few weeks and of all the kids that wanted that guitar for Christmas to becoming a life long player is even more rare. Unless you have been part of a working band you have no idea the difficulty in putting and keeping a band together. Let's not forget the countless hours rehearsing not to mention the money spent for gear can you imagine offering a construction guy taking on digging a house seat on his new backhoe for a few beers. IMO load in and out is worth at least a couple of hundred bucks by itself not to mention transportation to and from the venue and then there's lodging when your on the road or just playing a gig 150 miles from home on a Saturday night.

Anyway a band as tight as you guys IMO should be paid at least $2500 a show if there is any fairness at all but in the world of musicians there is nothing fair. Please keep on rocking my friends even though this screwed up world we live in treats you like the redheaded step child your music will still bring joy to those that hear it.
ID10t
Reactions:

redman wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:03 am
deeaa wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:13 pm The venue is currently the ONLY rock bar in my town. It's so hard to find places to play these days you don't have to pay to play in. We didn't get paid but we got a few cases of beer and a couple of bottles of hard liquor as payment. That's the way it is these days.

First I want to say you guys sound great and second you deserve so much more than beer and liquor as pay.

NOW FOR MY RANT!!!
It's a shame that pay has gone up so much since the 70's for everyone except musicians. I remember being able to make a decent living from gigging in the 70's . Back then most of my friends were making a couple of hundred bucks or so a week working a 40 hour per week job and I made just as much or more gigging a couple of nights a week. Then here came disco which IMO had absolutely nothing to do with music but club owners realized they could play records and the brain dead masses would still come to party and spend money so they no longer felt the need to pay a band. It's a good thing that for most musicians it's not about money or there would be no live music anywhere but we accepted what ever bone they threw at us because we just wanted to play. When you think about it we have as much or even more time and money invested than a PHD meeting their requirements for their degree and no one would dare of offer them a few beers and some liquor for their services. The hours it takes to learn your instrument enough to even play with others is why maybe 1 out of a 1000 stick with it more than a few weeks and of all the kids that wanted that guitar for Christmas to becoming a life long player is even more rare. Unless you have been part of a working band you have no idea the difficulty in putting and keeping a band together. Let's not forget the countless hours rehearsing not to mention the money spent for gear can you imagine offering a construction guy taking on digging a house seat on his new backhoe for a few beers. IMO load in and out is worth at least a couple of hundred bucks by itself not to mention transportation to and from the venue and then there's lodging when your on the road or just playing a gig 150 miles from home on a Saturday night.

Anyway a band as tight as you guys IMO should be paid at least $2500 a show if there is any fairness at all but in the world of musicians there is nothing fair. Please keep on rocking my friends even though this screwed up world we live in treats you like the redheaded step child your music will still bring joy to those that hear it.
I hear your rant and I do not disagree.
However.....
Raise the minimum wage to a living wage and the price of your superMac is increased and the person taking your order becomes a touch screen tablet. If a band made $2500 for load in/out then door charge would be $200 and drinks would be $65 and in the end whatever currency you use would require a bunch of zeroes on the end and your "affordable" guitar would cost (make up a number.)
I'm not qualified to discuss economics, let alone sober, however the effects branch out like a broken mirror. And then it becomes a political discussion, which I shall avoid.
Peace.