New AGF 3 Month Mark Stats

UPDATED 4/18/2024...

He's BACK Ladies and Germs! "LightWingStudios" is BACK! :)

Patrick
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Board started: Wed May 27, 2020 11:34 am

Number of posts: 13058
Posts per day: 136.19
Number of topics: 918
Topics per day: 9.57
Number of users: 236
Users per day: 2.46
Number of attachments: 2265
Attachments per day: 23.62

We're ROCKIN' :D
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

It's starting to feel "home-y." I've been mostly lurking this summer because I took on too big of a project to allow to allow full participation, but the project is advancing and evolving* nicely.

* Redundant?
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
pratteman
Reactions:

Thanks again for setting this up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

"No matter where you go, there you are."
AGF Refugee-5159
devdem
Reactions:

I admit it,I'm the .46 user per day on an average day. Today I'm feeling more like .28.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

I really appreciate you hosting the site!

Hopefully the conversations will pick up. Still feels a little quite compared to the hey-day of the former site.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
motowntom
Reactions:

Like the site..... keep it rockin....
Cheers
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Awesome and thank you!

I could see that some of the old AGF crowd moved on with whatever happened with "momo". Here's hoping they'll find us again. I would say the feel is the same as 10 years ago, but the "volume" is less - fewer participants. But Rondo isn't quite the same these days, either (don't you agree?).
Mossman
Reactions:

Gear_Junky wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:06 am Awesome and thank you!

I could see that some of the old AGF crowd moved on with whatever happened with "momo". Here's hoping they'll find us again. I would say the feel is the same as 10 years ago, but the "volume" is less - fewer participants. But Rondo isn't quite the same these days, either (don't you agree?).
Rondo hasn't been quite the same for some time now. It's been a while since AGF has been as Rondo-centric as well. I think 2008-2011 were the "golden years" for that (at least for me... I joined AGF in '08. :) ).

This has always been a good community, though. AGF has always felt like home to me. This is just a new house, the family and spirit that resides within are still the same, and I am grateful to Patrick ([mention]LightWingStudios[/mention] ) every day for making this forum happen, and for keeping it happening!

I sporadically participate on a couple of other forums (TDPRI and TalkBass), and they don't have the same feeling of community that AGF has. The kind of behavior you see on big forums would not fly over here. There is no bravery in anonymity on AGF, and we have a way of letting people know that assholes aren't tolerated here, and they should go act the fool somewhere else.

If AGF hadn't survived the attempted MOMO take-over, these would be much darker days for me. Thanks again Patrick!

It's unfortunate that some of our brothers have been unable to adapt to the new environs. I can relate to the way they feel, and I hope after some time they feel compelled to give this place another chance. I try to be adaptable in all things. It's the most important survival trait to have. It's also helpful to remember that EVERYTHING is subject to change without warning. I'm glad I'm not off somewhere feeling all resentful because I can't let go of old software.

We may be few, but we are mighty! Our numbers will grow... and it's not like those of us who are here aren't posting!
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:38 am Rondo hasn't been quite the same for some time now. It's been a while since AGF has been as Rondo-centric as well. I think 2008-2011 were the "golden years" for that (at least for me... I joined AGF in '08. :) ).
I'll agree - I joined around that same time (as I found Rondo, which was probably when I was searching for cheap guitar reviews). But I'd say that even then I liked AGF for more than just Rondo content - most of the time I spent "here" (there), I didn't even own any Rondo guitars. It was definitely the atmosphere. I've hung out at TalkBass, Harmony Central, Acoustic Guitar Forum, just to ask technical or other questions. Never found the same sense of a small club like here.
dearlpitts
Reactions:
Gearlist: Strat,steat,strat,agile3018,tele ,mustang

Tep very glad this is here, thanx,
Mossman
Reactions:

Gear_Junky wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:34 am
Mossman wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:38 am Rondo hasn't been quite the same for some time now. It's been a while since AGF has been as Rondo-centric as well. I think 2008-2011 were the "golden years" for that (at least for me... I joined AGF in '08. :) ).
I'll agree - I joined around that same time (as I found Rondo, which was probably when I was searching for cheap guitar reviews). But I'd say that even then I liked AGF for more than just Rondo content - most of the time I spent "here" (there), I didn't even own any Rondo guitars. It was definitely the atmosphere. I've hung out at TalkBass, Harmony Central, Acoustic Guitar Forum, just to ask technical or other questions. Never found the same sense of a small club like here.
I didn't own any Rondo guitars when I first joined either (though I had been to the site and was curious). That didn't last long... Those were the days when B-stocks ruled. Whenever some new items would show up on the B-stock page, it was like throwing chum in shark infested waters. Someone would holler "B-stocks!!!" on the forum, and a feeding frenzy would ensue until there was nothing left but that lonely ladybug guitar (which languished there for several years).

That's how I got my first Agile... A 3100 with a clownburst finish for $200. :D It had a pin-hole sized finish flaw just below the binding in the cut-away. Other than that extremely minor flaw, it was a perfectly fine guitar.

I miss those days.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:18 pm Someone would holler "B-stocks!!!" on the forum, and a feeding frenzy would ensue until there was nothing left but that lonely ladybug guitar (which languished there for several years).
Didn't we have a piranha meme then? :mrgreen:

I actually remembered: I was away from playing electrics after the 90's, so I mostly spent time on the Acoustic Guitar Forum. Discussions about cheapest solid top guitars kept mentioning a specific model from some site called "Rondo", which I was not aware of. I think THAT is how I found Rondo and probably my searches for those acoustics lead me to AGF. Yep, fun days. I never ever got an Agile, only Douglas and SX.