RIP Toby Keith

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

RIP Toby Keith

IIRC I think I have had occasion to cover I Love This Bar and I may have played Red Solo Cup with a band too. I read recently that when Willy Nelson was approached about doing a duet with Toby he was not so warm to the idea then they told him the song was (Whiskey For My Men) Beer For My Horses, he said, "I'm in!"
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Lamf77
Reactions:

Rough week.....RIP
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

RIP to him and peace to those around him, what a horrible way to go and far too young. I was not a fan of his music nor his brand/associated politics but he certainly influenced a lot of people and was a skilled songwriter.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
mickey
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:38 am RIP Toby Keith

IIRC I think I have had occasion to cover I Love This Bar and I may have played Red Solo Cup with a band too. I read recently that when Willy Nelson was approached about doing a duet with Toby he was not so warm to the idea then they told him the song was (Whiskey For My Men) Beer For My Horses, he said, "I'm in!"
Gandalf the Intonationer
Floridian FX
Reactions:

He played a show at my college in the late 90's. Small town, Population 15k. It was a great concert, my Father-in-law was providing security via the local police force. Said he was a good guy, but Toby was the one that should've been providing security for the local police force lol. He was a big dude.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

When I covered I Love This Bar I was the lead player for a band a country/classic rock band with two front guys that were like Brooks and Dunn. They were brothers in law and had sang together for years. They were great and it was a lot of fun until alcohol became an issue. I had to walk away. I have been working the song to add it to my solo acoustic show. It is pretty easy but has some tricky parts. I will have it down good enough to do it a few time s as a tribute to Toby. A couple places I play like the country hits and I do not do much country.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

Remember this? Look who wrote it.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ew-714098/

Cant say I'm gonna miss him.