What song are you obsessed with right now?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

"Never Turn Around" by Red Shahan. I have put it in my repertoire for good.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tobijohn
Reactions:

If I l was in the house band for some funky, sleazy rock club/bar with a 4am license, this would always close out the last set of the night:

Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Brad
Reactions:

I recently found about these guys and this song inspired me to get a phaser and overdrive for my bass. I'm not learning the song but I sure do crank it a lot. I did figure out a lot of Sheep by Pink Floyd when I got my phaser. 🐑

honyock
Reactions:

I've been thinking a lot about "I Want to Stroll Over Heaven with You" as recorded by Alan Jackson.

They played that song at my both of grandparents funerals amd the 1st time it was a sad song when my grandpa passed, but when my grandma passed the e.otions I felt were completely a 180.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
toomanycats
Reactions:

I discovered Mel McDaniel's song "Stand Up" from the movie The Howling Part VII. The song is much better than the movie. I'm by no means an 80s country music type guy, but this song has a crazy good backbeat, a super catchy hook, and is an all around ear worm.

If you're brave enough to watch the version in The Howling VII . . .

“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

This is another song I am obsessed with. When artists come back after an absence, it's often a "that's nice, shame about the song..." scenario. Not here. This stands with his early best, but with the added weight of his life, and all it's good and bad, to make it resonate. It could be about a past love, it could be about his kids, it could be about his relationship to songwriting, but in the end, it's brilliant.

"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
glasshand
Reactions:

This song is ridiculous ear-worm-y, even though I can't understand any of the lyrics. (They're in Finnish, of which I speak about four words. Apparently the title translates to "Iron Man Is Rusting".)

Spike
Reactions:

It’s a little long lead-in but very cool story and a very cool song.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
artandsoul
Reactions:
Gearlist: sx callisto cus ds tobacco quilt, A2 probuckers.
sx hawk car p90 all stock.
agile al3200 purple black quilt, all stock.
jet city 50w 6l6 warren hanes mod
jet city 100w ltd el34 warren hanes mod
big knob pedals color jumbo, behringer super fuzz, joyo dig tuner, black arts toneworks lstr fuzz" green muff clone"
412 eminence swamp thang 600watts in egnater cabinet

as im never online anymore lol im stuck on a few dozen songs mainly 80-90s but heres a newish banger ive been stuck on

"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
artandsoul
Reactions:
big knob pedals color jumbo, behringer super fuzz, joyo dig tuner, black arts toneworks lstr fuzz" green muff clone"

Ive been stuck in a ton of 80s-90s lately due to Its a clown world sh*t show out there in the world anymore. 80-90s music makes me forget about it lol.

"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
Partscaster
Reactions:

A lot of Robin Trower recently.

[url]
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
artandsoul
Reactions:

Been addicted to this for months now