Pink Floyd Sound Check

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

I thought that this was really interesting.

Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
bleys21
Reactions:

Amazing how large the entire band was at that point. To create the sound they wanted, looks like they had like 10 or 11 players, including the backup singers. Today, its just done with a laptop lol
tlarson58
Reactions:

bump.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Extremely cool!

I recently saw El Monstero and had 7th row, center state seats. They are a local tribute act that copies the different era shows to the minutiae. It was fun.

I am pretty sure i saw that concert in Philly at Vet's Stadium - albeit 400 yards from the stage, in the cheap seats.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
toomanycats
Reactions:

That guy playing the Steinberger has to have had one of the greatest mullets of the 80s.
Big business in front, epic party going on in the back. I'll bet the power of his hair projected all the way out the nose bleed seats, especially after he got to groovin' and it started to swing.
Right before he hit's a power chord at 4:39 he says sardonically, "Big part! I've got a big part!" Dude! How can you complain?!? Your onstage with Pink Floyd! :o :lol:
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

That was interesting to watch, thanks for posting. The way they are spread out it is like being in a studio with everyone isolated.

We are always about 2' apart.
Commandoughs 8-26-23.jpg
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tlarson58
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:20 am That guy playing the Steinberger has to have had one of the greatest mullets of the 80s.
Big business in front, epic party going on in the back. I'll bet the power of his hair projected all the way out the nose bleed seats, especially after he got to groovin' and it started to swing.
Right before he hit's a power chord at 4:39 he says sardonically, "Big part! I've got a big part!" Dude! How can you complain?!? Your onstage with Pink Floyd! :o :lol:
He's actually the sax player in Dogs of War. Nick Mason wrote an book (Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd - highly recommended for the photography alone) and said that, during this tour, he was impossible to keep off of the stage.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tlarson58
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:27 pm That was interesting to watch, thanks for posting. The way they are spread out it is like being in a studio with everyone isolated.

We are always about 2' apart.Commandoughs 8-26-23.jpg
Been there - and even elbow-to-elbow on a few occasions. I feel ya.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
jhull54
Reactions:

That's a really cool video. TBH though, after Waters left, I kind of lost interest in them. I thought Lapse was a good effort, but just wasn't PF to me. That said--love Gilmour.
Mr. Leyvatone
Reactions:
Gearlist: 5 Agiles, 5 SX, assorted other guitars and gear.

Thanks for sharing this.

I’m the designated guitarist in my band for lead duties on Pink Floyd songs. I typically play bass in this band, so it’s nice to break out the 6-string for a handful of songs (including PF).

I think bar bands tend to overlook PF. When we play Comfortably Numb and Another Brick, people go nuts. I get pats on the back from the crowd every time.

Not to mention, I LOVE to play Gilmour solos. He and Jimmy Page are my top influences all time. While I still revere LZ stuff, adult me prefers Gilmour’s melodic approach to solos.