Rant: White middle-age dudes going gaga over any guitar wailing

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Went to a music festival where one act had a electric guitar player, say, rock blues.
Not spectacular, the kind of playing that does not quite grip you, if you know what I mean.

Yet, as usual, a number of white middle age guys are going nuts over it. Like it's the first time they hear it, or they are 8 years old. A slower, more refined piece gets hardly any attention.

I am more than for all-out R&R, a loud as you can stand, maybe just before the soupy point when you cannot distinguish anything. It has to have GRIP though. These dudes cannot seem to see it.

The following act was a western swing band, have been following them for years now, and the high energy fiddle player had more punch than the prior guitar bit. All kinds in the audience got into the fun that it was. EDIT: not fair, that band had won acclaims, from far and wide, but the idea remains the same.

Now, after writing this, I think many folks have lost access to live rock music, and do not get enough exposure to develop taste?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
dabbler
Reactions:

Oooh, taste.

Here's the thing, taste is subjective and well people should not be judged because their taste is un-refined or whatever. I'll accept that you didn't share the enthusiasm and appreciation of the crowd you were with, but man, why do you you have to put them down?

Different strokes for different folks.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

One man's grip is another man's slip.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

OK, I was both too harsh, and expecting too much.
I still stick with the presence thing, though.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Remember that booze and pot make lousy shows interesting.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Rollin Hand wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:22 pm Remember that booze and pot make lousy shows interesting.
I flew into Minneapolis tuesday Morning and the entire city was covered in a somewhat smoky haze. We've had a lot of wildfire smoke from Canada coming down, but then I remembered that Minnesota also went live with legalized recreational Marijuana on the same day. Coincidence? I wasn't dancing BTW - and I'm even a middle aged white guy.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
CyFan
Reactions:
Gearlist: Wildwood Select Gibson 50's Orginal
Partscaster (AMAZING)strat
Taylor 214ce-k
Marshall JVM 410c
Headrush Looperboard
Wazacraft Boss Bluesdriver
Wampler Tumnus Deluxe
Keeley Compressor+
Boss NS-2
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail