cheap-guitar.com experience?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I've been searching for a good price to pick up a few lefty Duesenberg Les Trem II units. For weeks, the only non-scalper price I saw was from Thomann, and they earned my disdain so get no business from me. I emailed Duesenberg for a USA seller, and they replied they have none. Today, my search was rewarded with a very good price, but from a company that seems to have just materialized from thin air, making me apprehensive. So before I risk my account data...

Anyone have any experience with "cheap-guitar.com"? It just looks scammy to me.
image.png
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Ok, I'm going to answer my own question. The "About" page of the site clearly demonstrates it is a poorly crafted scam site, LOL...
image.png
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

What the hell is the deal with cheap-guitar.com? I went to the site because I had never heard of it. The prices can't be real. Someone explain please.

Thanks
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:24 pm What the hell is the deal with cheap-guitar.com? I went to the site because I had never heard of it. The prices can't be real. Someone explain please.

Thanks
I'm now pretty sure it only exists to steal our credit information. There are too many little things about the site that would be different if they were a legit outfit. Add to that, nobody anywhere else has talked them up on forums or rating sites. I think it's wide net phishing.

So I'm not risking it. Instead, I grabbed a screenshot of Thomann's $83 price for that trem I like, and sent it off to my Sweetwater rep to say if they could get them and match that price, I'd buy more than a few.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Makes sense, thanks. That is what I thought.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
mozz
Reactions:

Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Reissue Combo
$519.00 $96.99

Any single item on the webpage should show you it's a scam. Go back to Thomann.
AGF refugee
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:18 pm Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Reissue Combo
$519.00 $96.99

Any single item on the webpage should show you it's a scam. Go back to Thomann.
I agree, except "go back to Thomann". That's a never.
Partscaster
Reactions:

the word "guitar" sure looks like its been dropped into vague marketing text.
If you looked for "monkey hats" or "donkey hammers" they might offer them couched in the same text.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

I’ve never used thomann, but I agree with your disdain after watching video from the YouTuber KDH and some issues he had with a Harley Benton.

Long story short they said the guitar with non-functionally microphonic pickups was “as it should be” and refused him a replacement, and maybe even a refused a refund but I can’t remember for sure on that or not.

Anyway, never have, never will.
I also don’t give GC/MF/Etc any business. I just stick to zzounds and Sweetwater at this point, I also don’t buy much gear anymore.

But if I see a lefty les trem II anywhere I’ll link it here.
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:37 pm the word "guitar" sure looks like its been dropped into vague marketing text.
If you looked for "monkey hats" or "donkey hammers" they might offer them couched in the same text.
I've been looking for a monkey hammer for awhile now