Dumb question, Mazda6 content.

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mickey
Reactions:

I started my Mazda6 today with the driver's door open and the display screen was dead.
I shut it off, closed the door and restarted it.
The screen worked perfectly.
Is this normal?
Gandalf the Intonationer
Houblues
Reactions:

My 2016 GM product has similar issues. If you don't do things in a sequence it expects the screen won't work. Like opening the doors, futzing around a few minutes, then starting. I guess it loses patience.... As you say, it eventually comes back.
MichaelR
Reactions:

Sometimes I start my computer and it fails to recognize my keyboard so I have to restart. I think that sometimes a computer just misses a step for whatever reason and needs a restart as what happened to your Mazda6, I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes a constant feature which I doubt it will.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:28 pm I started my Mazda6 today with the driver's door open and the display screen was dead.
I shut it off, closed the door and restarted it.
The screen worked perfectly.
Is this normal?
As they service bay guy says, "They all do that..!"

Seriously, it may be a power-saving feature, or safety interlock.
A sticky switch, somewhere?
These darn cars think for themselves, these days.
As you recall our PM conversation last year, this thing, like most now, has a modem phoning home twice a day or such. It knows you have been up to something. Forgot feeding the dog? Up to date on your taxes?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
mickey
Reactions:

You think Murphy caused it???

Gandalf the Intonationer
bc rich
Reactions:

What"s a mazda
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Something that goes wroom wroom like this:

@mickey that is not how Murphy was described to me, seems pretty adjusted. Also how come you have a "Cape Cod lawn"?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
mickey
Reactions:

Murphy the attack dog? :D
He had a difficult time adjusting at first. He had been a city dog all his life so he had to learn how to be a country dog. :D
Lawn? What lawn? I live in RURAL Floriduh so I just mow whatever comes up near the house.
Murphy & me and my lawn care contractor is all that see it in a normal month. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer