Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

Stumbled across this video thanks to the rusty trusty busty YouTube algorithm.

~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
t100d
Reactions:
Gearlist: '62 Guild T100D Slim Jim
'76 Ibanez 2405 Custom Agent
2004 Ibanez SA220EX
2009 Douglas WNO 630
2019 Peavey JF1
2021 Indio Retro Tele

'70 Gianninni Craviola

Córdoba Mini II EB-CE
Aria A542F
Takamine TC132SC
Rivera BC-394C

'70's Hohner PJ fretless bass
'84 Ibanez Roadstar II bass w/ SX Ursa neck

YouRock Midi guitar

Fender Acoustasonic 40
Fender Mustang III
Vox DA5
Monoprice 40W SS w/ 10" speaker

But don't forget the shrink tube …
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."
Chocol8
Reactions:

I always used what he calls the lineman style. There is more physical strength to the joint that way.

Also, when you use the rosin flux, I clean any excess off when done. An old toothbrush and rubbing alcohol does the job.
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

I've still yet to even find any rosin Flux at any local hardware stores, everyone here just looks at you like you just walked up and cussed out their mom if you ask about it lol. Always heard it makes soldering quality better and issues lesser, so I'd love to try it.

I definitely do the "lineman" style for splices though, I had to fix so many other people's bad splices that I never thought to do anything else.
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
Chocol8
Reactions:

LancerTheGreat wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:29 am I've still yet to even find any rosin Flux at any local hardware stores, everyone here just looks at you like you just walked up and cussed out their mom if you ask about it lol.
Hardware stores are likely to have the plumbing version that you don’t want, so it’s better you didn’t find it.

Order one of these. A single jar will last you a LONG time.
https://www.radioshack.com/products/ros ... paste-flux
SamIV
Reactions:

I solder quite often and never add extra rosin. Soldered some 10 gauge wires yesterday as shown in the video. Used to have a solder pot and used rosin for that, but it is long gone.

Applied heat shrink tubing which has glue inside of the tubing and then painted the heat shrink ends with liquid tape. It is going to be buried for landscape lighting. I used to have a low voltage lighting business and have some fixtures left over that install at my house when we add landscaping. If any of you are looking for high end well lights, I have a deal for you.
MichaelR
Reactions:

I have a tin of rosin and always apply a little before I apply the heat. One thing that came up on a Reddit post recently was the question or whether guitar wiring is mostly copper, tinned copper or aluminium. I always thought most of the wiring on the Agiles and many others was aluminium due to its silver color but one of the commenters said it was most likely tinned copper, I wonder if any of you know for sure?
Chocol8
Reactions:

I believe the wire on my AD3200 was stranded tinned copper. It doesn’t feel like aluminum, but it is silver in color.

Edit: Actually, I know it can’t be aluminum because it solders well enough and it’s simply too thin. At least the G&B pickups have really thin leads. Aluminum has something like 4x the resistance of copper so it would have to be thicker, and aluminum doesn’t solder for crap.
mozz
Reactions:

I don't think you're gonna solder to aluminum wire, I've never seen it smaller than house wiring gauge.
AGF refugee